Sal Di Stefano is a personal trainer, co-founder of Mind Pump Media, and co-host of Mind Pump – an online radio show/podcast that is dedicated to providing truthful fitness and health information.
He is also the designer of the Muscular Adaptation Programming System (MAPS Fitness Products). Sal is dedicated to prioritizing health over appearance, and he aims to shift the direction of the fitness industry from aesthetic- and insecurity-based to one based in self-love and self-care.
Scroll Down for Show Notes:
BUBS is the purest form of collagen, sustainably sourced from grass fed and pasture raised cows. Use coupon code JAY to save 20%.
Organifi Gold provides pain soothing herbs and phytonutrients in a delicious golden milk that will help you sleep better at night and feel amazing in the morning. Go to www.organifi.com/renegade to get 20% off your order.
To become more focused, energetic and productive take the 3 min assessment by Thesis and get your customized nootropic blend. Use coupon code JAY to save 15%.
- Breaking down the Resistance Training Revolution. [9:20]
- How did resistance training become the most stigmatized and misinterpreted form of exercise? [13:11]
- Of all the forms of exercise, this one form is the worst. [17:17]
- Are there any benefits to doing cardio? [19:55]
- I’m 40+ and have let myself go… How do I get lean? [23:07]
- The one skill almost everyone has, and how it should be utilized. [24:25]
- Increase your training efficacy with this simple mindset adjustment. [28:17]
- We talking ‘bout practice?! [32:47]
- Balancing intensity and volume – is there an optimal rep range? [38:52]
- Muscle memory: real or gimmick? [44:47]
- Why proper resistance training is superior to stretching for functional flexibility. [51:35]
- The root cause of most injuries, and the role mobility plays. [53:37]
- Are you viewing progressive overload incorrectly? [58:07]
- Don’t overlook these forgotten factors if you’re looking to optimize your body. [1:02:17]
- Three highly effective ways to shift the focus from restrictive diets to behaviors, and the benefits of doing so. [1:05:32]
- A few tips to consider for optimal gut health. [1:12:27]
- When it comes to recovery, nothing compares to this. [1:14:47]
Connect with Sal:
Mentioned in the Episode:
- Sal’s book – The Resistance Training Revolution: The No-Cardio Way to Burn Fat and Age-Proof Your Body in Only 60 Minutes a Week
Wanna learn more from Sal and his Mind Pump partner, Adam Schafer? Click HERE to listen to the first time the guys stopped by to discuss how a natural, steroid-free guy can get jacked and strong.
To listen, you can also click the flash audio player below or browse the links below to find your preferred format…
If you have any questions shoot them my way via email at podcast@JasonFerruggia.com.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.
Could I ask you a huge favor? Can you take two seconds to leave us a 5 star review on iTunes?
Or, if you have two minutes to spare, a written review would be even better and so greatly appreciated.
Don’t know how to leave a review? Click HERE.