“The world is more and more toxic each month, each year, now since the Industrial Revolution. When you start to look at this from a macro and micro perspective, I see why this is such a problem… All you have to do is deplete one mineral and now your body’s working harder to keep your blood clean and alkalized. It’s a wonder to me that we do as well as we do; based on how much our body has to work to keep us healthy.”
Barton Scott is a chemical engineer, who combined his background with his experience as a nutritionist and researcher, and founded Upgraded Formulas. Barton is passionate about helping people combat the stressors of daily life, the toxicity of the modern world, the utter lack of nutrients, and the mineral absorption issues that we all face, and he has made it his mission to reduce suffering by increasing the public’s understanding of the human body’s interrelationships.
Scroll Down for Show Notes:
Paleo Valley makes delicious beef sticks that are sourced from 100% grass-fed and grass-finished cows that are never fed grains nor harmful antibiotics. Use coupon code “JAY” to save 15%.
Epoch Whey Protein is a verified grass-fed, delicious tasting and easily digestible whey isolate. Use coupon code JAY to save 20%.
- The biggest issue with most supplements on the market today. [5:00]
- How important is it to avoid heavy metals, and what are the steps we need to take to minimize their negative effects? [9:08]
- The most valuable, affordable, and actionable method of testing for mineral deficiencies. [14:25]
- Why blood testing falls short. [16:07]
- If you’re taking high doses of Vitamin D without this mineral, you could be doing more harm than good. [20:28]
- Exactly how much Vitamin D should we be taking, what’s the optimal time to take it, and how do we ensure activation? [23:24]
- Is adding salt to water recommended? How much? [30:45]
- Do mineral deficiencies play a role in ADHD? [34:14]
- Is coffee bad? [38:42]
- Which minerals are key for maximizing men’s virility? [40:16]
- Why it’s not possible to achieve complete balance from diet alone. [45:40]
- Barton’s Top-5 bio-hacks for optimal health. [51:50]
Connect with Barton:
Mentioned in the Episode:
To listen, you can also click the flash audio player below or browse the links to find your preferred format…
If you have any questions shoot them my way via email at podcast@JasonFerruggia.com.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.
Could I ask you a huge favor? Can you take two seconds to leave us a 5 star review on iTunes?
Or, if you have two minutes to spare, a written review would be even better and so greatly appreciated.
Don’t know how to leave a review? Click HERE.