“Mental toughness is accepting your reality, and choosing your response. It doesn’t mean you have to like your reality… It means that you’re accepting it, and when you accept it, you can do something about it.”
Lauren Johnson, former Mental Performance Coach for the New York Yankees, is responsible for aiding in the development of athletes and staff through education, application, and support.
Lauren also trains military personnel and business professionals through national speaking engagements, educational training workshops and consulting. Lauren’s practical, straight-forward advice and mental performance strategies help individuals develop mental toughness so that they can perform at their best regardless of circumstance.
Scroll Down for Show Notes:
PrOATagonist isn’t just oatmeal; it’s nutritionally functional and essential ingredients added to gluten free oats for convenience, value, and optimal health. Go to www.KreaturesOfHabit.com and use the coupon code JAY20.
Micro Gainz offers fractional weight plates to help you make small but steady increases to your training loads so you can consistently gain strength and build muscle. Go to http://www.microgainz.com/ and use coupon code JAY10 to save 10%.
With 75 ingredients working together to help with 11 different areas of health, Athletic Greens help detoxify your body, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system.
- Lauren’s journey from running her own consulting business to working with the Yankees. [10:55]
- Two great ways to grow your network and build clientele. [13:35]
- Must-read books to boost your relationship building skills. [15:53]
- A day in the life of a professional baseball coach. [20:05]
- Three questions you must ask yourself in order to increase self-awareness. [26:05]
- What is mental toughness, and how do we become more resilient? [29:28]
- The ONLY thing to focus on daily. [32:25]
- The quickest way to change yourself, and your life. [35:53]
- Highly recommended activity to remove anxiety, and increase productivity. [40:00]
- How the “nice guy” syndrome holds men back from achieving their potential. [45:25]
- The difference between being a thermometer and being a thermostat. [49:10]
- Short-term results are like… donuts? [50:53]
- The formula for overcoming self-limiting beliefs. [56:29]
- The power of pressure. [1:01:53]
Connect with Lauren:
Mentioned in the Episode:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Steal the Show by Michael Port
- Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People by Vanessa Van Edwards
- How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships by Leil Lowndes
- Never Eat Alone (And Other Secrets to Success One Relationship at a Time) by Keith Ferrazzi
- Superconnector by Scott Gerber and Ryan Paugh
- No Hero: The Evolution of a Navy SEAL by Mark Owen
In this episode I mentioned Vanessa Van Edwards and her book, Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People. If you haven’t listened to this episode, or it’s been a while since you last did, now is a great time to check it out.
To listen, you can also click the flash audio player below or browse the links to find your preferred format…
If you have any questions shoot them my way via email at podcast@JasonFerruggia.com.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.
Could I ask you a huge favor? Can you take two seconds to leave us a 5 star review on iTunes?
Or, if you have two minutes to spare, a written review would be even better and so greatly appreciated.
Don’t know how to leave a review? Click HERE.