Do you want to learn how to work and own a room?
Do you want to learn how to read faces and decode body language?
Do you want to learn how to talk to anyone without feeling awkward?
Do you want to be memorable and fascinating?
Then you need to learn the science of people. This essential life skill is the topic of today’s Renegade Radio Podcast with my guest, Vanessa Van Edwards.
Vanessa is a researcher, speaker, and writer on people skills and personal intelligence. Her behavior research lab, The Science of People has been featured in Fast Company, Inc., Men’s Health, Forbes and on Fox News.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Why it’s a mistake for everyone to try to be a bubbly extrovert
- How to choose the right social situations to say “yes” to
- How to make a great first impression, every time
- What to do and NOT do during the first 5 minutes of any interaction
- The importance of hand gestures, and how many is optimal
- Body language basics you need to know… if you want to dominate your path
- What never to do in a social situation
- The perfect handshake and greeting guaranteed to win over anyone
- Conversation starters that instantly turn on whoever you’re talking to
- How to find commonalities and establish ties with anyone
- Become a highlighter and watch your success skyrocket
- Why you need to know and recognize the 7 micro-expressions
- How to instantly tell if someone is lying to you
- And so much more
Connect with Vanessa Online
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Audio Books
Click HERE to start listening to critically-acclaimed, best-selling audiobooks including some of my favorites like Essentialism, How to Win Friends & Influence People and The Art of Noncomformity!
And, of course, Vanessa Van Edwards’ book Captivate: The Science of Succeeding With People.
With Audiobooks you can learn and generate new ideas anywhere, anytime.
- Download or stream audiobooks on your smartphone or tablet with our free apps for iOS and Android
- Choose from more than 100,000 titles, including top-rated business books written by leaders and innovators in the field
- Listen to your first audiobook for FREE and if you like the service, enjoy a new book every month
- Access our Member Deals section where you can take advantage of great bundles and BOGOs
Click HERE to get your free book.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered. It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Go to http://www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
If you have questions, use the hashtag #RenegadeRadioPodcast and shoot them my way on Twitter or Instagram or email podcast@JasonFerruggia.com
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.