Simplicity is the foundation of the Renegade Principles on training, nutrition, and life.
We can all resonate with the clarity and relief that comes when you peel away the inessential to expose simplicity.
Yet, we still gravitate towards complexity because of the false sense of satisfaction it provides. You feel like you’re doing something because you’re thinking so much.
“If I can just figure out the best way to get shredded as fast as possible, then I can start taking action.”
Your mental effort makes you feel like you’re making progress when, in reality, you’re paralyzed.
I can’t tell you his many times I have a guy who’s 30lbs oversight ask me about carb cycling, only to find out he’s having Kix for breakfast and a Hot Pocket for lunch.
How can you expect to get anything out of these advanced strategies without mastering the basics?
Fundamentals are fundamentals for a reason: they’re the actions that give you the biggest bang for your buck.
In today’s episode, health coach and nutrition expert Yuri Elkaim joins me to discuss those fundamentals of nutrition and help you identify the key fat loss and nutrition mistakes you’re making.
If you only have a couple minutes, be sure to listen to Yuri’s take on the biggest problem foods that keep you from losing fat and getting ripped.
And if you’re in the health and fitness industry, don’t miss the opportunity to work with Yuri in his new platform Healthpreneur at www.healthpreneurgroup.com/
Today’s Topics Include:
- 1:55: What does Yuri eat on a day to day basis?
- 4:00: Yuri’s experience as a raw vegan, and why he started eating meat again
- 7:50: What are the biggest nutrition mistakes people make?
- 14:20: Should you eat pancakes for dinner? Yuri’s answer may surprise you
- 18:51: The real secret to understanding your optimal nutriton strategy
- 21:05: The downsides of trying to get incredibly lean and shredded like models on Instagram
- 23:51: Yuri’s food cycling approach for losing fat and getting healthy
- 31:38: What are Yuri’s top foods?
- 34:10: What are the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
- 35:00: The three biggest problem foods for health and body composition
- 38:21: What’s the simplest change you can make to your diet to get more energy?
- 40:13: How to equip your home with soaps and cleaning good that don’t harm your health
- 45:33: Yuri’s new product, Healthpreneur, and why he created it
- 49:40: The 4 W’s of creating a successful health business
Listen To Renegade Radio
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
Awesome Stuff Mentioned in This Episode:
Thrive Market: Shopping for healthy food can burn a hole in your wallet and waste your time. Luckily, the crew at Thrive Market lets you pick up high quality food at wholesale prices and get it delivered right to your door. No more crazy price hikes or long lines.
Go to jasonferruggia.com/thrive to check them out and claim your free tub of coconut oil.
Renegade Strength Club: The ultimate training community for guy’s looking to take their physical and mental strength to the next level.
This Episode Is Brought To You By:
This episode is brought to you by Onnit Total Human Optimization. Get your Shroom Tech Sport, Alpha Brain, Hemp Force and more incredible supplements and fitness equipment at onnit.com/Renegade. And use the coupon code “Renegade” at checkout to save 10%.
Finally, if you have questions you need me to answer, send them over to email@example.com
Thank you to those of you who leave reviews on iTunes. I read each and every one of them, and sincerely appreciate your feedback.
P.S. Please share this post with someone you think would enjoy it. I appreciate you.
Thank you for listening.