On today’s show, we’ve got best selling author Jill Miller. Jill is the creator of the corrective exercise format Yoga Tune Up® and the Roll Model® Method.
As one of the foremost experts on mobility and wellness, Jill is a pioneer in forging relevant links between the worlds of fitness, yoga, massage, and pain-management.
Jill’s own story of going from a short chubby middle schooler to a yoga knotted fanatic and then on to finding balance has so many great lessons in it.
She was dropping knowledge bombs left and right that everyone could benefit from.
I encourage all of you to check it out below.
Today’s Podcast Topics Include:
- Jill’s early struggles and what led her to do what she does today
- The problems with most traditional yoga classes
- How to find a good class or teacher
- The importance of proper breathing
- How sitting is wrecking your body. And what to do about it.
- 5 ways to optimize relaxation states in your body
- How to create a nightly ritual to ensure great sleep
- Your diaphragm – posture connection
- The impact of text-neck
- 2 guidelines for daily foam and ball rolling
- Why a lacrosse ball may not always be optimal for rolling
- The most important thing to do before and after any corrective body work
Listen To The Jay Ferruggia Show
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for The Jay Ferruggia Show RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
Links From The Show:
- Onnit: Total Human Optimization – Use the coupon “Renegade” to get 10% off your next order
- RenegadeRoastingCo.com – Check out the new limited edition Winter Blend. Use the coupon code “JFS” to get 25% off your first order
- 2014 RSC Fat Loss Contest – Congratulations to Christian Blysma! He is the winner of an all expenses paid trip to LA.
- Yoga Tune Up Balls
- MobilityWod.com – Kelly Starrett
- The Coregeous Ball
- Yoga Tune Up Classes
- Yoga Tune Up DVD’s
Books From The Show:
- The Roll Model – Jill Miller
- Move Your DNA – Katie Bowman
It was great to have Jill on the show today. If you want to hear more from Jill, check out her website, www.YogaTuneUp.com and on Twitter @YogaTuneUp at or Facebook.
Got any questions you want answered on the show? Post them below, email podcast@JasonFerruggia.com, or hit me up on Twitter @JasonFerruggia
And, if you liked the show a short review on iTunes would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for listening.