Chris “The Kiwi” Ashenden is the creator of Athletic Greens, the worlds most complete whole food supplement.
Chris is all about happiness, personal growth, living outside the box, and enjoying a spectacular life.
He had been to 43 countries before his 13th birthday, and decided to retire in 2005 to spend 4 years traveling the planet full time.
Now very much un-retired, with a ton of friends in crazy places, 60 plus countries under the belt, and some amazing memories, he is focused on using what he can remember from his studies for a BSc in Sport and Exercise Science and his cumulative years as a nutritionist and strength coach to help other people enjoy amazing levels of health and energy.
Chris and I had a great discussion on topics including:
- Ways to push yourself out of your comfort zone [3:12].
- Having no regrets and taking on new adventures [9:22].
- Being a citizen of the world [17:33].
- Mini retirement and the beginning of a friendship with Timothy Ferriss [19:35].
- Advice on how to travel around the world [23:03].
- What it was like living in Japan [25:39].
- Race relations, is it just a U.S. issue? [26:44].
- Living in Colombia and doing the bounce around [36:36].
- Tips and advice on how to travel [43:54].
- The magic number of days to feel unplugged on vacation [54:18].
- Chris’ daily routine in Colombia [57:57].
- What made me decide to go live with Renegade Radio [1:00:19].
- Why Dr. Kirk Parsley is a beast [1:06:21].
- How Kiwi first got into fitness [1:11:30].
- Sleep, gut issues, and immune challenges [1:16:37].
- The effects of Gluten, vegetables and meat in your diet [1:25:10].
- Suggestions on how to do a Paleo diet the right way [1:36:32].
- How Athletic Greens began [1:42:15].
- Sticking to your guns and learning to say no [1:51:58].
- What’s in the future for Renegade Radio [1:55:54].
- The behind the scenes of the supplement industry [1:58:33].
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
Selected Links from the episode
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered.
It’s easy, and it taste great.
Click HERE to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by BiOptimizers. Crank your muscle gains to new heights by flooding your muscles with maximum amino acids without increasing your protein intake by a single gram.
That’s what the powerful 1-2 punch of Masszymes digestive enzymes, and P3OM probiotics can help you do. In addition they boost your immune system and help you avoid illness.
Go to http://www.masszymes.com/jay to get 10% off your order by using the coupon code “Jay10” at checkout.
Thank you for tuning in, subscribing, and listening. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.