Are you an Ectomorph, Endomorph or Mesomorph? If you don’t know and understand your body type it’s likely that you’re not optimizing your nutrition and training.
If you wanna learn how to reach your health and fitness goals faster don’t miss this episode of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast with Dr. Stephen Cabral.
Stephen is a Board Certified Naturopathic Doctor, Functional Medicine and Ayurvedic Medicine Practitioner and Certified Strength and Conditioning Professional. He’s also the host of “The Cabral Concept” podcast and he’s the author of outstanding books such as “A Man’s Guide to Muscle and Strength” and the Amazon Best Seller “The Rain Barrel Effect”.
At only 17 years old he suffered severe health complications. He saw multiple doctors, and tried over 100 different treatments, but his health still didn’t improve. It wasn’t until he met an Alternative Health doctor that his body began to recover.
The experience instilled a passion for health and wellness in Stephen and opened his eyes to a whole new world of possibilities. Over the past 20 years he has studied and researched health and wellness, acquired dozens of certifications in the natural health field and completed thousands of sessions with health and fitness clients.
His knowledge and experience have put Dr. Cabral at the top of his field and now you have the opportunity to benefit from both.
Scroll down for show notes:
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right-click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. They make a powerful, brain-boosting coffee with the active ingredient, Lion’s mane mushroom (also known as the “smart mushroom”). Lion’s Mane has been used by Buddhist monks for better focus during meditation for years. Four Sigmatic is gut friendly and great for those who get an upset stomach from regular coffee. It gets you focused but not jittery, and contains less than half the caffeine of regular coffee. Four Sigmatic comes in handy packets that you just mix with hot or cold water, and takes just a second to prepare.
Go to http://www.foursigmatic.com/jay and use the code JAY to get 15% discount.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health, there is no better all-in-one supplement than Athletic Greens. Detoxify your body, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system. Get all your vital nutrition in 30 seconds or less by going to http://www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to claim your Renegade Radio special offer.
- What common practices caused Stephen’s childhood illness. [9:12]
- Why the typical training advice given to hardgainers is DEAD WRONG. [14:20]
- The common reasons most people have poor gut health. [17:35]
- Why probiotics aren’t right for everyone. [20:24]
- Specific dietary and lifestyle recommendations for each body type. [34:57]
- His secret morning smoothie based on YOUR needs. [46:38]
- The right type of protein powder for you. [49:23]
- An easy way to extend your life by SIX YEARS. [50:54]
- Why he doesn’t recommend frequent meals for any body type except Mesomorph. [53:22]
- How to fix a broken metabolism. [55:13]
- Specific macros for fat loss and muscle gain. [57:16]
- Why Ectomorphs should avoid ultra-high protein intake. [59:13]
- The simple “fork test” to use if you have digestive issues. [01:02:46]
- Nutrition and training recommendations for ectomorphs looking to gain muscle. [01:07:51]
- Choosing the best recovery methods, and how to decrease all causes of death by 40% in only 19 minutes per day. [01:10:42]
Connect with Dr. Cabral:
Mentioned in the Episode:
- “The Cabral Concept” podcast
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- “The Textbook of Ayurveda” by Vasant Lad
- Functional Medicine Nutritional Product Companies that he recommends:
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.