Most of us know sugar is bad.
But just how bad is it, really? What are the negative effects we should be worried about?
The unfortunate reality is that sugar contributes to chronic health problems like Alzheimer’s, fatty liver disease, and cancer.
It can wreak havoc on gut health and your immune system.
For more on this, I enlisted the help of sugar expert and the man who wrote the book on it, Dan DeFigio.
In this episode we discuss:
- Sugar’s overall impact on your health
- The 4 types of sugar addicts
- Sugar and depression
- How to avoid gut health issues
- Hidden sources of sugar
- The problem with agave and artificial sweeteners
- Are fruits and grains as bad as sugar?
- The importance of mindful eating
- How eating more can help reduce sugar cravings
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
Mentioned in This Episode
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered.
It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Click HERE to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by The Renegade Strength Club, one of the best ways to simplify your life is to outsource things. If you’re not a fitness professional that means you should outsource your program design to someone who is. That someone would be your host, Jason (A.K.A. Jay) Ferruggia. Since 1994, he has helped countless guys get ripped, strong, jacked and yoked. His training methods have been battle tested time and time again. And they always deliver killer results.
As a Renegade Strength Club insider you get:
- Brand new workouts from Jay every month
- Coaching videos
- Answers to your questions
- Access to the club community
- The opportunity to participate in local meet ups
- The chance to enter contests like the Transformation Contest, and more where we offer cool prizes like Fat Gripz, t-shirts, etc.
Go to www.renegadestrengthclub.com to join us on the Dark Side and we’ll see you on the inside.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.