On today’s show, we’ve got sleep researcher, Dan Pardi. In addition to the obvious effects, Dan breaks down all of the unseen physiological and behavioral consequences of not getting enough sleep.
Quick note: If you haven’t already, please take a minute to help us decide the winner of the 2014 Renegade Strength Club Fat Loss contest. The winner will receive an all-expense paid vacation to sunny Santa Monica.
Voting has now ended. Thank you for participating.
Today’s Podcast Topics Include:
- Why learning good information won’t change behavior
- The Loop Model
- The value of feedback from fitness coaching
- Should you make small lifestyle changes or broad sweeping lifestyle changes?
- The curse of knowledge
- FACT: There is no correlation between your level of knowledge and your health
- The impact of sleep loss on physiological and behavioral perspectives
- Why consistent timing of your sleep matters
- How your circadian rhythm affects your whole body
- Tips for getting consistent sleep for a busy traveler
- The truth about melatonin
- How you can make a HUGE difference in your health by spending 30 minutes a day outside
- Why you should think twice about wearing sunglasses
- The role of fitness trackers in measuring sleep, fitness and wellness
- Supplementation (magnesium, valerian root, melatonin)
- How your diet effects your sleep
Listen To The Jay Ferruggia Show
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for The Jay Ferruggia Show RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
Links From The Show:
- Onnit: Total Human Optimization – Use the coupon “Renegade” to get 10% off your next order
- RenegadeRoastingCo.com – Check out the new limited edition Winter Blend. Use the coupon code “JFS” to get 25% off your first order
- Help us decide the winner and vote for the winner of 2014 RSC Fat Loss Contest
- F.lux – F.lux makes the color of your computer’s display adapt to the time of day
- Bed In A Box
- Dan’s 2014 Report Card
- FitBit Charge
Books From The Show:
- The Sense of Style – Steven Pinkert
Got any questions you want answered on the show? Post them below or email podcast@JasonFerruggia.com.
And, if you liked the show a short review on iTunes would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for listening.