John Lee Dumas is the host of Entrepreneur on Fire, where he interviews today’s most successful Entrepreneurs 7-days a week.
JLD has grown EOFire into a multi-million dollar a year business with over 1500 interviews and 1.5 million monthly listens.
His latest project is The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days. Learn more at TheMasteryJournal.com!
We sat down recently to have a discussion that included the following topics:
- The Background on John Lee Dumas and the birth of his podcast [3:08].
- Advice on how to start a podcast [6:19].
- The usefulness of transparency with your audience [9:03].
- The secrets to productivity, discipline and focus [12:28].
- Is discipline a myth for the average person? [14:50].
- Morning rituals, what worked and what didn’t work [18:00].
- The Pomodoro Technique [27:36].
- Most important thing to do during your first 30-40 minutes in the AM [29:10].
- After the morning ritual: How to handle the rest of your day [30:45].
- Methods for limiting Social Media usage [32:17].
- How to know when to say “yes” or “no” to opportunities [33:33].
- Guidelines and mistakes for setting a goal [36:00].
- What the Mastery Journal is [37:32].
- Identifying an off day and how to bounce back from it [39:41].
- The importance of mentoring and surrounding yourself with the right people [41:22].
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
Selected Links from the episode
- John Lee Dumas Effect
- Choose Muse
- The Freedom Journal
- The Mastery Journal
- Self Control App and Freedom App
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered.
It’s easy, and it taste great.
Click HERE to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by BiOptimizers. Crank your muscle gains to new heights by flooding your muscles with maximum amino acids without increasing your protein intake by a single gram.
That’s what the powerful 1-2 punch of Masszymes digestive enzymes, and P3OM probiotics can help you do. In addition they boost your immune system and help you avoid illness.
Go to http://www.masszymes.com/jay to get 10% off your order by using the coupon code “Jay10” at checkout.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.