Mark Sisson is an OG of the fitness industry. He’s one of the leading voices in the Paleo world and the founder of the primal movement. Mark believes we need to get back to the way we were intended to eat, exercise, and live.
His mission is to get people to take responsibility for their health and fitness (often in the face of flawed conventional wisdom that can lead even the best-intentioned astray), and to inspire people to be open-minded, passionate, and enthusiastic about leading a healthy, happy, fit, balanced, active lifestyle, with the least amount of pain, suffering and sacrifice possible.
Topics Discussed Include:
- How Mark got started in fitness.
- What is the Primal diet and lifestyle about?
- Why are grains so unhealthy?
- What causes inflammation in the body?
- Why he’s not as opposed to legumes as most in the Paleo world.
- The benefits of intermittent fasting for being lean and healthy.
- How to improve your sleep so that you can do everything better.
- The multiple benefits of a keto diet.
- Who needs and benefits from higher carbs and who doesn’t?
- Best ways to boost your immune system and avoid getting sick.
- Is the post workout window of opportunity a myth?
- How much protein do you really need to build a great body?
- Crucial lessons for small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- How to unplug and avoid burnout.
- Much more.
Connect with Mark Online
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Caffeine and Kilos. We all know that coffee is probably the greatest thing ever. There are countless studies proving the benefits of coffee. Dr. Sanjiv Chopra said that drinking coffee is one of the five essential habits for long-term good health.
Caffeine and Kilos is a brand that embodies an active lifestyle. They have great looking apparel you can wear in the gym or out of the gym.
It’s smooth, fresh coffee blended and roasted for high caffeine content, so you can get all kinds of cranked up. They also have all natural, whole food caffeinated bars with macros designed for performance.
Get their delicious coffee and more at www.caffeineandkilos.com and use the code, “Renegade” and get free shipping on your first order.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered. It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Go to http://www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by Kettle and Fire.
Bone broth is one of the most nutrient dense superfoods and you can get it delivered right to your door. There’s no other superfood that contains the critical vitamins you need like amino acids and collagen. They only come from animal bones and connective tissue.
Kettle and Fire is 100% organic. Here are some other benefits to this Paleo friendly, gluten free broth:
- From grass-fed cattle
- Bones are slowly simmered for 20 hours with organic vegetables and herbs
- 10 grams of protein per cup
- Helps you digest muscle meat
- Great for muscle recovery and joint inflammation
- Bring luster to your skin and hair
- Reduce cellulite
- Increase connective tissue
- Great for detox
Go to http://www.kettleandfire.com/jay to get the best bone broth out there.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.