Everybody has fears.
They cause us anxiety and keep us awake at night. Most of these fears are imagined. They aren’t real.
Mark Twain said, “I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.”
Those who succeed in life and find happiness are those who can overcome their fears. They can separate real from imagined. They face the fear and move forward.
Those who cannot will remain stagnant, frustrated and crippled.
This is not the life you want.
In this episode, I sit down with the author of Life Unlocked, and Total Brain Makeover, Dr. Srini Pillay. We discuss exactly how you can become your best self.
- Why you don’t do what you know you should be doing [5:16].
- The expectation of failure [11:03].
- Essential questions to ask yourself [15:15].
- The science of productivity and the period of un-focus [21:01].
- The difference between conscious and unconscious fear [31:28].
- The effect that social media and news has on your brain [38:30].
- How to reframe negative thought patterns [46:41].
- The REAL law of attraction [51:42].
- How to set goals that you can actually achieve [56:55].
- His take on visualization, affirmation and mediation [1:04:46].
- What to do to optimize your brain health and neural function [1:07:45].
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
Selected Links from the episode
- Visit drsrinipillay.com to learn more about Dr. Pillay
- Continue the conversation with Dr. Srini Pillay on Facebook and Twitter
- Life Unlocked by Srini Pillay, M.D.
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- Tinker Dabble Doodle Try by Srini Pillay, M.D. Available May 2nd, 2017; Pre-order the book HERE
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered.
It’s easy, and it taste great.
Click HERE to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by BiOptimizers. Crank your muscle gains to new heights by flooding your muscles with maximum amino acids without increasing your protein intake by a single gram.
That’s what the powerful 1-2 punch of Masszymes digestive enzymes, and P3OM probiotics can help you do. In addition they boost your immune system and help you avoid illness.
Go to http://www.masszymes.com/jay to get 10% off your order by using the coupon code “Jay10” at checkout.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.