Have the diets you’ve followed so far failed to help you achieve the body and health that you want? Would you like to actually understand your metabolism and know how to improve it?
If so, Episode 202 of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast will revolutionize your approach to nutrition.
Kate Deering is my guest on this episode. She is an NHI Certified Nutrition Consultant, ACE Certified Personal Trainer and owner of Deering Health Fitness. She’s also the author of “How to Heal Your Metabolism”.
After years of training and following mainstream diet advice Kate’s body began to break down. While searching for the ways to look and feel better she was introduced to the work of Dr. Ray Peat and many other nutrition experts. Within one year of reading, researching, and personal experimentation she was able to heal her body and her metabolism. To learn how you can do the same listen as we discuss:
- Her past dietary mistakes and how they led to her current understanding of nutrition. 5:03
- What is metabolism and what actually constitutes good health? 7:16
- What you should measure to determine whether or not you have a healthy metabolism. 10:01
- What are the symptoms of a low metabolism? 11:52
- Why you actually might NOT have food intolerances or allergies. 12:35
- How low metabolism is hurting your hormone production and keeping you from gaining muscle. 13:03
- Why your body and brain need carbs to function optimally. 15:10
- Signs of a high metabolism. 18:21
- The nutrition myths that are crushing your metabolism. 21:05
- Why you have to reintroduce carbs slowly after following a low carb diet. 26:05
- Is it possible to drink too much water and eat too many vegetables? 27:01
- Why you may want to avoid eating raw vegetables (and the one exception). 32:48
- Why unsaturated fat might not be as good for you as you think. 35:40
- Should you stop consuming olive oil and nuts? 39:33
- Is consuming grains a bad idea if you want to improve your metabolism? 43:18
- The problem with eating too much muscle meat as a protein source. 45:40
- Why you don’t need ultra high amounts of protein to build muscle and the role that carbs play in helping you get jacked. 50:11
- How exercise affects your metabolism and why too much will crush it. 52:58
Connect with Kate online:
How to Heal Your Metabolism by Kate Deering
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right-click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic.
What is Four Sigmatic? It’s mushroom coffee made with the active ingredient Lion’s mane mushroom (also known as “smart mushroom”). Lion’s Mane has long been used by Buddhist monks for better focus during meditation for years.
I know you’re going to say you don’t want to drink coffee that tastes like mushrooms, but it doesn’t.
- For those who are getting stomach pain from coffee drinking – Mushroom Coffee is a gut-friendly coffee option.
- It gets you cranked up for your day, but not like regular coffee.
- Comes in handy packets that you just mix with hot or cold water. Takes just a second to prepare.
- You can use it pre-workout.
Go to http://www.foursigmatic.com/jay and use the code JAY to get 15% discount.
This episode is also brought to you by Audio Books
Click HERE to start listening to critically-acclaimed, best-selling audiobooks including some of my favorites like Essentialism, How to Win Friends & Influence People and The Art of Noncomformity!
With Audiobooks, you can learn and generate new ideas anywhere, anytime.
- Download or stream audiobooks on your smartphone or tablet with our free apps for iOS and Android
- Choose from more than 100,000 titles, including top-rated business books written by leaders and innovators in the field
- Listen to your first audiobook for FREE and if you like the service, enjoy a new book every month
- Access our Member Deals section where you can take advantage of great bundles and BOGOs
Click HERE to get your free book.
This episode is also brought to you by The Renegade Strength Club.
Do you wanna get strong and shredded in as little as 3 hours per week? Without the usual aches and pains associated with most training programs? Then join our exclusive community in the Renegade Strength Club.
You’ll slash body fat, boost testosterone, increase energy and turn back the clock. Get the workouts, coaching, and accountability you need to build your best body ever at:www.RenegadeStrengthClub.com.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.