Best selling author and motivational speaker, Dr. Sanjiv Chopra joins me today to discuss the 5 simple things you can do to live a longer, healthier life. You’ll learn a ton about the benefits of coffee, Vitamin D, nuts, mediation and more. And everything he recommends is backed up by countless studies.
Sanjiv Chopra, MD, is professor of medicine and former faculty dean for Continuing Medical Education at Harvard Medical School. He’s also the James Tullis Firm Chief, Department of Medicine, at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. For 12 years he led the most robust academic Continuing Medical Education enterprise in the world, reaching out to 80,000 clinicians in 150 countries each year. Dr. Chopra is also editor-in-chief of the hepatology section of UpToDate, an online resource used by more than 600,000 physicians worldwide for clinical decision-making at point of care.
Dr. Chopra was designated a Master of the American College of Physicians in 2009, and has earned a number of awards, including the American Gastroenterological Association’s Distinguished Educator Award. In 2012, he was awarded the Ellis Island Medal of Honor for “Exemplifying outstanding qualities in both one’s personal and professional lives while continuing to preserve the richness of one’s particular heritage.”
- The benefits of drinking coffee
- All the diseases coffee prevents
- Myths surrounding coffee
- How many cups per day should you drink
- Does it affect heart rate or blood pressure
- What organ derives the most benefit from coffee
- The only supplement Dr. Chopra recommends
- Preventing disease with Vitamin D
- Sun exposure and skin cancer
- The health benefits of nuts
- Are peanuts bad for you and should we be concerned about mold
- What are the 4 requirements for happiness
- The importance of your social circle
- Benefits of meditation
- What to do if you don’t have time to meditate
- The healthiest diet for increasing your longevity
Connect with Dr. Sanjiv Chopra:
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Audio Books
Click HERE to start listening to critically-acclaimed, best-selling audiobooks including some of my favorites like Essentialism, How to Win Friends & Influence People and The Art of Noncomformity!
And, of course, Dr. Chopra’s books The Big 5, Dr. Chopra Says, and Leadership by Example.
With Audiobooks you can learn and generate new ideas anywhere, anytime.
• Download or stream audiobooks on your smartphone or tablet with our free apps for iOS and Android
• Choose from more than 100,000 titles, including top-rated business books written by leaders and innovators in the field
• Listen to your first audiobook for FREE and if you like the service, enjoy a new book every month
• Access our Member Deals section where you can take advantage of great bundles and BOGOs
Click HERE to get your free book.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.