I always laughed or rolled my eyes when I heard about people going through a “midlife crisis.” It was usually associated with buying expensive cars, getting hair transplants and dating younger women.
Seemed like a bunch of weak minded bullshit to me.
Then I kind of went through one myself when I was turning forty. And it fucked me up. Confused the shit out of me and made me question who I was and why I do everything I do.
I didn’t like the answers I came up with I had a long, serious sit down with the man in the mirror.
I was embarrassed, ashamed and disgusted.
Changes had to be made. But figuring out how to make those changes was a grueling task. And it challenged my manhood. Did I really have the balls to do what needed to be done. Or was I just a fraud? A pussy?
I was unknowingly lying to myself and everyone else.
It was time for some big changes.
That’s the focus of today’s episode. It’s my most personal, revealing one yet.
And I would love to hear your feedback and similar stories of anyone who has experienced the same type of thing.
Today’s Podcast Topics Include:
- Recap of the weekend in Austin, TX celebrating the grand opening of DeFranco’s Gym and the new Onnit Academy
- Stripper poles on the bus
- My meathead workout with Joe DeFranco, Smitty and Luka Hocevar
- What embarrassing habit I have when I fall asleep in public
- Leadership lessons and why you should inspire instead of manage
- My dangerous addiction
- How I blew through millions of dollars over the last 20 years
- Why I earned the nickname “Hammer”
- My addiction
- Why and what I was doing for the wrong reasons
- Some of the really hard realizations I had to come to about myself
- Why you always have to start with “why”
- A crucial question to ask yourself
- The importance of your words and the influence they have on your life
- Why you should never watch the nightly news
- What term you should take from hip hop culture and insert into your daily routine
Listen To The Jay Ferruggia Show
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for The Jay Ferruggia Show RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
Links From the Show:
- Renegade Roasting Co – Use the coupon “JFS” to get 25% off your next order
- Onnit: Total Human Optimization – Use the coupon “Renegade” to get 10% off your next order
Books and Authors Mentioned In (or Related to) Today’s Show:
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- I Will Teach You to be Rich by Rhamit Sethi
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Fight Club by Chuck Palanhiuk
- The Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris
Now it’s Your Turn…
If you have ever gone through anything similar I would love to hear about it. Please share your story or feedback below and let me know if there’s any way I can help you.
Or just leave your feedback on this episode and let me know what you thought.
You can also leave them in the iTunes review section.
Get on the Show or Help Make it Better
Got a question you want me to answer on the show?
Email me at Podcast@JasonFerruggia.com and I’ll answer it on a future episode.
Or just leave them in the comments section below.
And if you have any topics you want covered or guests you want featured please let me know.
Thanks for reading and listening. I appreciate you.