Former WWE tag team and Intercontinental champion and ECW world heavyweight champion, John Morrison is today’s guest. He’s known for his incredible feats of athleticism in the ring and also for always being in amazing shape.
He is currently wrestling for Lucha Underground, which can be seen on the El Rey Network. John is also a working actor, having appeared in numerous films, shorts and TV shows over the last few years.
In addition to that John is a good friend of mine and one hell of a solid dude.
Note: Heel = bad guy. Baby face = good guy
Today’s Podcast Topics Include:
- John’s background as an athlete
- What made him give pro wrestling a shot
- His Tough Enough experience
- Training in Ohio Valley
- How he got the name Nitro, and what Vince McMahon thought of it
- His days as a part of the MNM tag team
- His favorite opponents
- Feuding with CM Punk
- His traveling buddies and who he still stays in touch with regularly
- Favorite places to wrestle
- Who he learned the most from
- His tag team days with The Miz
- The “spot of the decade”
- How get got started with parkour
- His favorite wrestlers as a kid
- Why he left WWE in 2011
- Funny stories from the road
- His fitness routine and diet
- His acting career
- And the question on everyone’s mind- will he return to WWE?
Listen To The Jay Ferruggia Show
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for The Jay Ferruggia Show RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
Links From The Show:
- Onnit: Total Human Optimization – Use the coupon “Renegade” to get 10% off your next order
- RenegadeRoastingCo.com – Check out the new limited edition Winter Blend. Use the coupon code “JFS” to get 25% off your first order
- Lucha Underground
- John Hennigan – IMDB
- Out of Your Mind Fitness
And, if you liked the show a short review on iTunes would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for listening.