If you are a trainer, strength coach or a gym owner, you want to listen to Joe DeFranco. Not only is he a fitness icon and successful gym owner, he just happens to share my passion for sporting the chrome dome.
Joe is the co-founder of the CPPS coaching certification and has recently teamed up with Lionsgate Films to produce a series of DVD’s on strength and conditioning.
My buddy Jay Jablonski joined us for what became an instant Renegade Radio classic.
Today’s Podcast Topics Include:
- The hidden meaning behind every Journey song
- Joe’s favorite supplements
- His thoughts on Crossfit
- Going out at the Jersey shore and gettin’ nuts
- So Cal Brownies
- Thoughts on using medical marijuana for pain management
- How Joe got through his crippling back pain
- An important lesson for every single trainer
- How Jay & Joe met back in ’97
- The highlight of Joe’s career
- Why Triple H & Stephanie McMahon are so successful
- Joe’s friendship with Triple H and Steph
- The business advice they shared with him
- Talking old school strength training with Vince McMahon
- Partnering with Smitty for online training and developing the CPPS Certification
- Partnering with Lionsgate Film
- Joe’s favorite NFL athletes
- Is Smitty the nicest guy in the world?
- His secret plot to take out Smitty
- The irony of haters
- Grooming advice for Donald Sterling
- Jay’s odd bathroom habit
- The #1 thing Joe wishes he learned sooner in business
- Where he sees himself in the future
- His new passion
Listen To Renegade Radio
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
React To Renegade Radio
I want to hear your thoughts and comments on the show. Drop me a note on Twitter and let me know what you think. I’m @JasonFerruggia.
You can find more from Joe at www.defrancostraining.com and on Twitter at @DeFrancosGym
Notes From The Show
Click here to pick up a bottle of ShroomTech and Upgraded MCT Oil by Onnit.
To become a CPPS certified coach, check out their website at www.cppscoaches.com
Today’s Podcast is brought to you by Onnit. Check out Onnit.com/Renegade to get 10% off your entire order.
If you haven’t already could you do us a favor and leave us a review of the podcast on iTunes HERE? It would be greatly appreciated and will assist us in getting future guests.