Everyone wants to get #ripped. It’s all over magazine covers, internet ads, and your instagram feed.
What’s the cost?
Look, I am all about getting in great shape and love nothing more than watching people dominate their performance and body comp goals. But when it takes a turn from healthy to unhealthy, I gotta speak up.
Too many people out there let this unrelenting obsession with being shredded take control of their lives. You start chasing numbers on the scale, check the mirror 5 times per day, and critique your body fat levels as if you’re a supermodel before a Sports Illustrated cover shoot.
Take a step back and rejoin reality.
Fitness is a supplement to your life. Not your reason for living.
If this issue resonates with you, tune in to today’s episode to hear me discuss how you can redirect your training goals back to a place of health and performance, rather than obsession and self-criticism.
Today’s Topics Include:
- 1:10: My thoughts on the start of the NFL season and the Colin Kaepernick
- 5:02: Finally taking a line on steroids in sports and the baseball Hall of Fame
- 8:33: Beyoncé vs Rhianna, Kanye’s new video, the VMAs, #blessed, and music I am currently digging
- 12:13: The one phrase that will ruin a relationship with a potential mentor
- 16:01: Why does everyone have Vitamin D deficiency these days?
- 18:08: Good exercises for improving shoulder mobility
- 21:46: How to get rid of your To Do List
- 26:11: Is it okay to squat 4 days per week?
- 29:11: What are some good ways to eliminate foot pain and keep your feet healthy?
- 32:46: How to set up your training on a tight schedule
- 36:05: Becoming an ultra high level personal trainer
- 40:25: My thoughts on the pros and cons of getting ultra lean and how to keep training from taking over your life
- 46:15: How to train your legs when you’re playing rec sports or competing in season
Awesome Stuff Mentioned In This Episode:
- Maybe by Everlast
- Stop Working for Free by Ryan Holiday
- Vevo Barefoot Dress Shoes
- Jill Miller Yoga Tune Up Balls
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
This Episode Is Brought To You By:
Get healthy groceries up to 50% off delivered to you. Shopping for healthy food can burn a hole in your wallet and waste your time. Luckily, the crew at Thrive Market lets you pick up high quality food at wholesale prices and get it delivered right to your door. No more crazy price hikes or long lines.
- Get a FREE 15oz bottle of coconut oil
- Extra 15% off your first order
- Pay only $1.95 shipping
- Save time
- Increase mental clarity
- Improve health
- Reduce stress
- Detoxify your body
- Rejuvenate your skin
- Boost immunity
Onnit Total Human Optimization
Get your Shroom Tech Sport, Alpha Brain, Hemp Force and more incredible supplements and fitness equipment at onnit.com/Renegade. And use the coupon code “Renegade” at checkout to save 10%.
Finally, if you have questions you need me to answer, send them over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to those of you who leave reviews on iTunes. I read each and every one of them, and sincerely appreciate your feedback.
P.S. Please share this post with someone you think would enjoy it. I appreciate you.
Thank you for listening.