Are you a stressaholic?
I was for a long time. And I can tell you that it’s no way to live. Instead of managing stress you need to master it. Dr. Heidi Hanna is my guest on the new Renegade Radio Podcast and she’s gonna show you how to do just that.
Listen as Dr. Hanna reveals her brain-based solutions for improving your performance. She shows you how to use stress to fuel positive changes in your life.
You’ll learn the most effective methods to reduce anxiety and overcome depression. Dr. Hanna shares simple strategies to optimize focus, creativity, and resilience. We discuss fitness, nutrition, using humor to become happier, and much more.
Heidi is the CEO and founder of Synergy, a coaching and consulting company that specializes in customized health and wellness solutions for individuals and organizations.
She has trained thousands of people on practical ways to incorporate fitness, nutrition, and positive psychology strategies to improve productivity and performance. Heidi is also the author of many great books including the NY Times best-seller “The Sharp Solution: A Brain Based Approach for Optimal Performance,” “Stressaholic: 5 Steps to Transform Your Relationships With Stress” (Jan 2014) and “Relax Your Fat Off”.
Scroll down for show notes.
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right-click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by ButcherBox, where you can get the highest quality grass-fed and grass -finished meat. They have free-range organic chicken, heritage breed pork, burgers, lamb and more. As a listener of this podcast you get two FREE 10-oz rib eye steaks, plus $10 off your first order, plus FREE shipping.
Go to www.butcherbox .com/Jay to claim your special offer.
This episode is also brought to you by Four Sigmatic, which I use every single day. What is Four Sigmatic? It’s mushroom coffee made with the active ingredient, Lion’s mane mushroom (also known as the “smart mushroom”). Lion’s Mane has long been used by Buddhist monks for better focus during meditation for years. I know you’re going to say you don’t want to drink coffee that tastes like mushrooms, but it doesn’t. Four Sigmatic:
- Is gut friendly and great for those who get an upset stomach from regular coffee.
- Gets you cranked up for your day, but not jittery and anxiety ridden because it contains less than half the caffeine of regular coffee.
- Comes in handy packets that you just mix with hot or cold water. Takes just a second to prepare.
Go to http://www.foursigmatic.com/jay and use the code JAY to get 15% discount.
- Brain based performance and the role that stress plays in peoples’ lives. [7:59]
- Are your high-stress levels genetically imprinted on you while in utero? [11:57]
- How to use stress to fuel positive change. [22:29]
- Why “take a few deep breaths” isn’t always the best advice for dealing with stress. [26:04]
- How to keep negative people from bringing you down while lifting them up at the same time. [29:21]
- Why making your mind feel “safe” will help reduce stress and optimize your performance. [34:01]
- Techniques Heidi uses to deal with social anxiety. [38:20]
- Optimizing energy levels with “oscillation patterns” and proper nutrition. 40:07
- Should you avoid intermittent fasting if you’re dealing with high stress, anxiety or other similar issues? [42:51]
- Why learning to relax is often more uncomfortable for people than going to the gym. [44:56]
- Meditation tips for newbies. [45:41]
- How to relax your fat off, and why less is more when it comes to exercise. [53:21]
- How humor can change your life and how to add it to your morning routine. [57:51]
- The 3 elements of her daily routine which she calls “medicine with no negative side effects”. [1:00:41]
- The Positive Psychology Movement for serving others and how adopting this mindset can radically change your brain chemistry for the better. [1:01:41]
Connect with Heidi:
Mentioned in the Episode:
- Heidi’s book “Relax Your Fat Off”
- Heidi’s 21 Day Beyond Funny Humor Challenge
- The Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor
- Vasovagal Syncope
- The Negativity Bias
- Author Harry Beckwith
- The Human Performance Institute
- The Corporate Athlete Program
- PH 360
- Ziva Meditation
- Transcendental Meditation
- Deepak Chopra’s 21 Day Guided Meditation
- The Headspace App
- The Positive Psychology Movement
Thanks for listening.