Some people have it all wrong.
They go the gym 3-4 times a week and lift the heaviest weights possible and ignore bodyweight workouts and movements. More pounds on the bar, more weight on the scale.
But, above all else, you’ve gotta be able to move your body. Freely and without pain or restriction.
If you can’t do that, you have no business putting another plate on the bar.
If you can’t do a perfect bodyweight squat, it makes zero sense to load the exercise.
I’ve spent about eleventeen million hours in gyms throughout my life. I can probably count on two hands the number of times I’ve seen someone do a perfect pushup. Sad but true. Yet the dude doing the shitty pushups as a warm up will readily lay down and start bench pressing.
Too many of us have it backwards.
Mike Fitch was once one of those people. He bulked up way beyond his natural weight and noticed an incredible drop in his mobility and movement efficiency.
In today’s podcast, Mike talks about his journey.
- His awakening that led him to bodyweight workouts and mastery
- How he created the Animal Flow system
- Getting Equinox on board to promote his work
- How to train for handstand pushups
- How to properly progress your chin ups
- The essential regressions and progressions for bodyweight exercises
- Bodyweight training for maximum muscle
- How much time per day you should spend on movement
- His 3-day rotation diet
- His decision to sell all his stuff and go full minimalist
- Traveling the world without breaking the bank
- Living in a new place every month
- The most important business decision he ever made
- The importance of giving back
- His daily routine
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered.
It’s easy, and it taste great.
Click HERE to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by BiOptimizers. Crank your muscle gains to new heights by flooding your muscles with maximum amino acids without increasing your protein intake by a single gram.
That’s what the powerful 1-2 punch of Masszymes digestive enzymes, and P3OM probiotics can help you do. In addition they boost your immune system and help you avoid illness.
Go to http://www.masszymes.com/jay to get 10% off your order by using the coupon code “Jay10” at checkout.
If you have questions, use the hashtag #RenegadeRadioPodcast and shoot them my way on Twitter or Instagram or email podcast@JasonFerruggia.com.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.