Today’s podcast is an inspirational discussion with former Super Bowl Champ and NFL’s Fittest Man, Steve Weatherford. Steve played professionally from 2006 to 2015, most notably as a member of my favorite team, the New York Giants.
He was known for his incredible strength, athleticism and physique. Since his playing days ended he’s been on a mission to get even more jacked than ever and looks like he could step on a bodybuilding stage at any given moment. He’s also become a highly sought after motivational speaker and one of the top social media influencers of his generation.
Steve stopped by the HQ last Friday night and we kicked it for about almost four hours. Luckily we got half of it recorded and it’s up now for you to listen to.
- His experience with Aerial Yoga and flexibility [3:59]
- His earlier years as an athlete in elementary school and high school [4:32]
- Putting on 118 LBs in 4 years during high school [4:59]
- His first experiences with sports as a kid [6:02]
- What he learned going to an all black school as a kid [7:03]
- How he transitioned from soccer to football [10:11]
- Living with A.D.H.D. as a kid and an adult [15:20]
- Comparing your life to the highlight reel of other’s lives [22:48]
- The secret to bodybuilding and seeing results [29:30]
- Steve’s workout regimen [31:45]
- The value in getting advice from mentors [32:35]
- His friendship with John Carney [40:51]
- The NFL Lockout, Free Agency and his decision to stay in New York [44:19]
- How to balance self awareness and achievements [51:42]
- Avoiding negativity in the news and social media [54:44]
- His experience in the television industry [55:54]
- Football choosing him, achieving a goal, and inspiring people [57:47]
- His relationship with Steve Gleason [1:07:00]
- His experience playing in the Super Bowl [1:09:30]
- Getting laid out on a return playing in Soldier Field against the bears [1:18:02]
- Analysis of Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr. [1:20:42]
- His prediction on who will win the Super Bowl [1:32:11]
- His New Year resolutions of 2016: Communicating, family time, reading and bigger arms [1:33:34]
- The beginning of his 90 day plan “ARMageddon” [1:37:10]
- The formula for prosperity [1:40:52]
- His birthday and the ARMageddon Meet up [1:43:55]
- His nutritional plan and habits [1:48:10]
- How important it is to be held accountable [1:55:40]
- Success habits: Saying three gratitudes daily [1:57:48]
- Mapping out goals and self assessing [2:00:26]
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
- Ben Pakulski
- Rich Piana
- John Carney
- Junior Seau
- Steve Gleason
- Israel Idonije
- Bart Scott
- Brandon Jacobs
- Tiki Barber
- Carlo Filippone
- Steve’s Instagram account: Weatherford5
Selected Links from the episode
- “Gleason” Steve Gleason’s documentary
- Elite Lifestyle Meal Cuisine
- Steve Weatherford’s website
- Free Trial of ARMageddon
This episode is brought to you by Organifi, an organic, superfood supplement line that makes quality trusted nutrition convenient and accessible. Their most popular product, GREEN JUICE, solves the problem of juicing greens ON THE GO! Just add to water, drink and let your body soak up the benefits. Use code ‘Renegade’ at checkout for 20% off your order!
With Organifi you can get all your healthy superfoods in one drink… With no shopping, no juicing, no blending and no clean up. In just 30 seconds a day you can supercharge your life, restore glowing good health, and feel decades younger.
- Save time.
- Increase mental clarity.
- Improve health.
- Reduce stress.
- Detoxify your body.
- Rejuvenate your skin.
- Boost immunity.
This episode is also brought to you by BiOptimizers crank your muscle gains to new heights by flooding your muscles with maximum amino acids without increasing your protein intake by a single gram.
- Are you taking over a hundred grams of protein per day from shakes, supplements and food, but not making the gains you expect?
- You ever feel bloated or gassy or maybe even get the runs downing your protein shake?
- Do you want to increase the usable amount of protein in your body?
Protein that enters your bloodstream that helps grow bigger and stronger muscle fibers. Maybe you’ve been feeling backed up since upping the protein in your diet. You need the masszyme package with both masszymes and P3OM, which is the most potent protein digesting probiotic in the world. P3OM is the only nutritional supplement that is shown to enhance the protein assimilation of masszymes because proteolytic enzymes and proteolytic probiotics have a magical synergy when it comes to breaking down protein and other nutrients.
This powerful 1-2 punch combo will give you:
- Pre-workout energy,
- Boost your workout energy by increasing your metabolism of carbs, fat, and protein for fuel.
- It decreases the need for sleep and recovery,
- Reduces the demands of the digestive organs to breakdown and process food.
- It enhances your immune system,
- Clears away undigested protein that rots in the gut and allows bacteria to thrive,
- And it increases mental clarity and focus.
By improving digestion your body has more resources to allocate for mental and cognitive function. I can definitely vouch for this combo, my wife can too. We’ve noticed great results from taking it, so I highly recommend you guys check it out at www.maszymez.com/jay.
Thank you for tuning in, subscribing, and listening. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.