Get ready to get jacked. My guest today is “The Glute Guy,” Bret Contreras. He’s a renowned fitness expert who knows quite a bit about the science of building muscle and getting strong.
Bret has made an incredible transformation with his own body and has helped thousands of others do the same. He has the unique ability to blend science, real world experience and critical thinking. This leads to great advice and even better training programs.
I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed this fast paced discussion with Bret on every aspect of training we could cover in an hour.
Topics Discussed Include:
- How heavy should you lift?
- Is training to failure helpful or harmful?
- Should you do full body workouts or splits?
- The low frequency myth of body part splits.
- What’s the optimal volume per muscle group?
- What’s the optimal frequency per muscle group?
- Low reps vs. medium reps vs. high reps. What’s best?
- Is getting a pump necessary? Does it cause muscle growth?
- How much muscle damage should you cause in your workouts?
- The importance of muscular tension, and how to create it optimally.
- Submaximal higher volume training vs. high intensity, lower volume training.
- And so much more.
Watch this Episode:
Connect with Bret Online
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered. It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Go to http://www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by Kettle and Fire.
Bone broth is one of the most nutrient dense superfoods and you can get it delivered right to your door. There’s no other superfood that contains the critical vitamins you need like amino acids and collagen. They only come from animal bones and connective tissue.
Kettle and Fire is 100% organic. Here are some other benefits to this paleo friendly, gluten free broth:
- From grass-fed cattle
- Bones are slow simmered for 20 hours with organic vegetables and herbs
- 10 grams of protein per cup
- Helps you digest muscle meat
- Great for muscle recovery and joint inflammation
- Bring luster to your skin and hair
- Reduce cellulite
- Increase connective tissue
- Great for detox
Go to http://www.kettleandfire.com/jay to get the best bone broth out there.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.