Doctor Mark Cheng is a ninja, a Jedi, and an evil genius.
He possesses, what some might consider, magical, mystical healing powers.
I met Doc Cheng a few years back and had him start working on some of my injuries. His ability to assess and correct dysfunction is second to none. He can tell what’s wrong with your shoulder by the way you walk. He can tell what’s wrong with your ankle by the way you talk.
Maybe I’m exaggerating. Or maybe I’m not.
In addition to being a respected healer and body worker, Doc Cheng is a highly trained fight expert.
In my 30 years of training experience the best I’ve ever felt was when I was working with Doc Cheng on a twice per week basis.
We started in his office and then progressed to training in the gym. I believe that even coaches need coaches, so I handed the reins over to the good doc and let him take control.
We mixed rehab, strength work and fight techniques all into the same workout.
The progress I made was mind blowing.
Doc Cheng joins us on the podcast today to discuss topics such as:
- Essentials of self-defense [7:08].
- When to fight and when to walk away [12:11].
- Why you should always be prepared [15:50].
- How he got into doing Martial Arts for a living [24:03].
- Some of the key exercises we used in my rehab [31:09].
- What movement patterns should everyone be able to do? [50:32 & 1:00:37].
- How much time should you spend on mobility? [57:13 & 1:35:55].
- The best prehab and rehab exercises [1:00:52].
- Are sit-ups and crunches as bad as people think? [1:16:10].
- The truth about foam rolling [1:20:10].
- Lumbar flexion: The seat of death [1:27:04].
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
- Tim Larkin
- Dan Inosanto, Bruce lee’s top student and the one who taught Bruce the nunchaku
- Gray Cook and functional movement
- Pavel Tsatsouline
Selected Links From The Episode
- Visit Dr. Mark Cheng’s YouTube channel HERE
- Foot and Ankle mobility drill
- Vigor Ground Fitness
- Tai Cheng
- Prehab Rehab by Mark Cheng
- Cold Steel Knives
This episode is brought to you by Kimera Koffee. It is great tasting high altitudes single estate coffee packed with premium-grade nootropics, proven to help increase focus, power output and cognition.
Go to http://www.kimerakoffee.
Turbo charge your brain now!
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered.
It’s easy, and it taste great.
Click HERE to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.