When he was young and weak, Mark Bell had someone steal his football. It was a singular event that changed and shaped his entire life.
He started lifting weights the next day and soon became obsessed with the iron. A few years later he was competing in powerlifting and setting records.
That eventually led to a stint in the WWE minor league system, and the opportunity to train regularly at the infamous Westside Barbell Club in Columbus, Ohio.
When his WWE career didn’t pan out, Mark moved back to California. Not long after, he opened what has since become one of the most well known, respected and strongest gyms in the world.
He now runs an incredibly successful fitness empire and is sharing his inspiring story with us here today.
- His early days of training
- Breaking into pro wrestling
- Becoming friends with John Cena
- Stories from Westside
- The dark side of deadlifts
- Training mistakes most people make
- His keto diet
- His current training template and goals
- His favorite recovery methods
- Ways to prevent injuries
- How to overcome resistance
- The mindset behind his success
- What it takes to build an empire
- His biggest influences
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered. It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Click HERE to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by Renegade Roasting Co. This is the ultimate pre-workout drink to fuel your training and increase your performance. Every bag purchased provides one person with clean water for two years. Go to RenegadeRoastingCo.com now for the best tasting coffee anywhere.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.