Eat for health and longevity, first and foremost. Then for performance and aesthetics.
If you’re committed to training for the rest of your life, you must follow this principle and accept the importance of food quality.
Unfortunately, this concept still falls on deaf ears in the fitness industry, creating a culture that sends the wrong message to thousands of people. Those looking to transform their health, performance, and quality of life.
Sure, you can get ripped eating snickers and twinkies, sucking back whey protein shakes, and calorie counting your way to a six pack. But, anyone venturing down the road of strength training, physical fitness, and personal improvement knows how hollow vanity driven goals are.
Show me someone who starts training because they want to eat more ice cream, or someone who’s only goal in life is to see ripped abs, and you will show me someone destined for failure.
You will never find the true benefits of building your body until you move past superficial, narcissistic goals.
Now, that’s not to say you shouldn’t care about how you look. Everyone should maintain low body fat and wake up to a reflection they are proud of. But that comes as a by product of the reasons you push through grueling workouts, fueled by a high quality diet:
- To be a leader that inspires others to make the most out of life
- To put yourself in a position to make the biggest impact possible on the world.
- To set an example for your family, and show them the traits that lead to success.
- To go to sleep every night knowing you did your best to make the most out of your time on this earth.
None of those stem from an obsession over your ability to have abs while eating candy and ice cream on a daily basis.
Be an adult and do the work that will let you live an optimized life.
Tune in to today’s episode for more on this topic, as well as:
- Tips for overcoming depression, transforming your mindset, and creating a meaningful life.
- How to train for obstacle course races
- Jay’s greatest failures and what he learned from them
- Navigating the path to becoming an entrepreneur
- Whether or not you should follow “If It Fits Your Macros.”
Listen To The Jay Ferruggia Show
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for The Jay Ferruggia Show RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
This Episode Is Brought To You By:
- Onnit Total Human Optimization: Get your Shroom Tech Sport, Alpha Brain, Hemp Force and more incredible supplements and fitness equipment at onnit.com/Renegade. And use the coupon code “Renegade” at checkout to save 10%.
Renegade Roasting Co. This is the ultimate pre workout drink to fuel your training and increase your performance. Every bag purchased provides one person with clean water for two years. Go to RenegadeRoastingCo.com now for the best tasting coffee anywhere.