Kenny (@CoachKJKnows) and I are back dropping lines and spitting rhymes in another power packed episode. With the nationally televised Hannah Storm stiff arm last week, we thought we would highlight our favorite outbursts of all time.
Last week I posted a picture on my Instagram feed that got a lot of questions. I thought I’d take a few minutes to explain why I’m finally fixing my broken metabolism and doubling down on carbs.
On the flip side of today’s episode, we welcome back our favorite Hawaiian, Nate Miyaki. (@NateMiyaki) We talk carbs and cut through the cloud of bullshit surrounding them.
Take a listen and be sure to drop me a line and tell me what you thought on Twitter @JasonFerruggia.
Today’s Podcast Topics Include:
- My new improv class at Second City LA
- The rise and fall of the Ugandan Giant, Kamala
- My favorite celebrity rant of all time
- Football playoffs
- Finally resetting my metabolism and how you can too
- The impact of low carb diets on testosterone and your immune system
- The biggest mistake people make when cutting carbs
- The importance of testing and assessing diets in the real world
- Do high protein diets really kick start your metabolism?
- Why saving calories till later in the day leads to a more sustainable diet
- The misconception that is eating carbs before training to burn more fat
- Why you should focus on practical strategies and eliminate the constant noise
- What is a merkin?
Listen To The Jay Ferruggia Show
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for The Jay Ferruggia Show RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
Links From the Show:
- Onnit: Total Human Optimization – Use the coupon “Renegade” to get 10% off your next order
- RenegadeRoastingCo.com – Check out the new limited edition Winter Blend. Use the coupon code “JFS” to get 25% off your first order
- Second City LA
- Kamala: The rise and fall of the Ugandan Giant
- Ray Peat: Salt, Energy, Metabolic Rate and Longevity
- The Merkin Explained – (NSFW)
- Artists/Musicians Discussed: Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur, Snoop Dogg, LL Cool J
Books Mentioned in the Show:
- The Truth About Carbs – Nate Miyaki
- Create Your Own Religion – Daniele Bolelli
- Striking Thoughts – Bruce Lee
- The Book of Five Rings – Miyamoto Musashi
- Tao Te Ching – Lou Tzu
- Letters From A Stoic – Seneca
Got any questions you want answered on the show? Post them below or email podcast@JasonFerruggia.com.
And, if you liked the show a short review on iTunes would be greatly appreciated.
I know you’re busy and have a ton of other options. So I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and listen.