Get ready for a whole new look at personal development and prepare to unleash the warrior within.
Dan Millman is my guest on Episode 196 of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast. He is a world champion gymnast and the author of 17 books. As a young man, Dan set out on a spiritual journey to find the answers to life’s most difficult questions. The lessons he learned inspired his “Peaceful Warrior” series of books and led to the keynotes, workshops, and seminars he produces today.
In this episode, Dan explains why there is a “Peaceful Warrior” within us all. We discuss the essential life skills that people aren’t taught with formal education. Dan explains the six words that can improve anyone’s life and how people can learn to live in the moment. We delve into why self-improvement can become stressful, what makes a good coach or mentor, Dan’s thoughts on the “one thing”, and much more.
- Dan’s background and how his 10-year spiritual search led to Way of The Peaceful Warrior. 3:07
- Essential life skills that people aren’t taught in school. 6:07
- The primary life skill that Dan focuses on and how it liberates behavior from emotions and thoughts. 8:32
- Why self-improvement can become a source of stress and how to avoid it. 9:49
- Are you suffering from “Competitive Mind” and Fear of Missing Out (FOMO)? 11:59
- Should young men and women still have rites of passage? 13:27
- When he met “Socrates” in a gas station and he became Dan’s mentor. 19:00
- Some of the most profound lessons Dan learned from Socrates. 20:03
- What makes a good coach or mentor? 24:09
- 6 magic words that can help improve anyone’s life. 29:50
- Is it possible to be enlightened in your 20’s or 30’s or does it take years to learn? 30:03
- Why you should seek to control your efforts, not outcomes, and why excellence is the only thing you should strive for. 32:17
- Dan’s thoughts on gratitude and on living “in the now”. 34:42
- Dan’s thoughts on doing the “one thing” and practicing the 80/20 rule. 42:52
- How Dan is teaching his students the process of dying in order to help them have more appreciation for life. 46:07
- Dan’s current diet plus his Peaceful Warrior Workout and 4 Minute Meditation. 52:04
Connect with Dan Online:
Related Links/Products Mentioned:
- Dan’s new book “The Hidden School”
- A few of Dan’s older books “Way of The Peaceful Warrior” and “Return of The Peaceful Warrior”
- The Peaceful Warrior Workout
- The 4 Minute Meditation
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right-click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by ButcherBox
You guys know by now the importance of high-quality grass-fed grass finished meat.
Go to www.butcherbox .com/Jay to get your free ribeye steaks. That’s two 10 oz ribeye steaks for free, plus, $10 off your first order and free shipping.
You can get everything from sausages, burgers, steaks, chicken, lamb, you name it.
- 100% Grass-fed beef
- Free range organic chicken
- Heritage breed pork
Delivered for free to your door for less than $6 a meal. You cannot beat that with a bat. Go to www.butcherbox.com/Jay to get yours today.
This episode is also brought to you by The Renegade Strength Club, one of the best ways to simplify your life is to outsource things.
Do you wanna get strong and shredded in as little as 3 hours per week? Without the usual aches and pains associated with most training programs? Then join our exclusive community in the Renegade Strength Club.
You’ll slash body fat, boost testosterone, increase energy and turn back the clock. Get the workouts, coaching, and accountability you need to build your best body ever at: www.RenegadeStrengthClub.com.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.