Wanna build muscle and gain strength without constant, nagging injuries? Imagine how much better your results would be if you could recover faster from training.
If you want to bulletproof your body and feel superhuman, episode 197 of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast is just what the doctor ordered.
My guests are Lindsay and Steve Sudell. Lindsay is an Occupational Therapist and Fascial Stretch Therapist. She’s also an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Crossfit L1 Trainer. Her husband, Dr. Steve Sudell, is a Doctor of Physical Therapy and a Licensed Athletic Trainer. They run an innovative Wellness Clinic that provides a host of services focused on injury prevention and optimization of athletic performance.
In this episode we delve into all things training including; preventing injuries, increasing mobility, recovering from workouts, improving your squats, strengthening your core and much, much more.
- Lindsay’s training methods as a beginner. 6:18
- Steve’s beginnings in Cross Fit and how it inspired the idea for his PT business, Prehab 2 Perform. 9:08
- How Steve’s training has evolved and how participating in Cross Fit competitions helped to improve his business. 10:08
- The main problems with Cross Fit and how Steve and Lindsay adjust their own training and the programs they prescribe to clients. 12:35
- The simple but critical component that’s missing from most people’s training and how to optimize your pre-workout warm up. 15:13
- Common mobility issues that prevent people from correctly performing Squats and how to fix them. 18:36
- Attention Ladies: The negative impact of wearing high heels and why everyone should leave their Olympic lifting shoes at home sometimes. 20:48
- Is everyone capable of doing Squats correctly? 23:03
- The best exercises to warm up your shoulders and prepare for overhead pressing. 23:53
- Can people foam roll too often with too much intensity? 26:18
- How to fire up your CNS for a great training session. 29:18
- Lindsay explains how to properly activate and strengthen your core with the “Chattanooga Biofeedback Cuff” and two of Steve’s favorite core exercises. 32:06
- Additional thoughts on Olympic Lifting Shoes and why lifting belts, knee sleeves, and other lifting gear might be holding you back. 38:23
- Why you should avoid spinal flexion and what you should do instead. 43:33
- Lindsay and Steve’s thoughts on the value of unilateral movements for health and mobility and a few of their favorite unilateral exercises. 48:48
- Lindsay’s retort to people who say stretching is unnecessary. 53:08
- Office workers beware: Tips for improving mobility and increasing activity if you sit at work all day. 53:43
- Lindsay’s favorite exercises for improving your glutes (A.K.A your booty). 56:16
- The benefits of doing Squats multiple times per week. 56:55
- The training template that Steve recommends for the average busy person who wants to get jacked. 59:26
- Why a cooldown is so important, how to do it correctly and how to optimize recovery in the first few hours post workout. 1:03:51
- What is Fascial Stretch Therapy and where can people get it? 1:06:21
- Why stretching properly before a workout will improve performance and help prevent injuries. 1:08:59
- What is Graston and how does it help improve mobility? 1:09:46
- Lifestyle tips to help improve recovery, performance, and health. 1:13:06
- Lindsay and Steve’s advice for running a business with your spouse without killing each other. 1:16:46
- Business lessons they’ve learned and the challenges they’ve had to overcome. 1:18:41
Connect with Lindsay & Steve online:
Instagram for Simply Stretch LA
Instagram for The Neck Hammock
Instagram for Prehab 2 Perform
Products and Related Links:
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right-click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered. It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Go to http://www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by Caffeine and Kilos. We all know that coffee is probably the greatest thing ever. There are countless studies proving the benefits of coffee. Dr. Sanjiv Chopra said that drinking coffee is one of the five essential habits for long-term good health.
Caffeine and Kilos is a brand that embodies an active lifestyle. They have great looking apparel you can wear in the gym or out of the gym.
It’s smooth, fresh coffee blended and roasted for high caffeine content, so you can get all kinds of cranked up. They also have all natural, whole food caffeinated bars with macros designed for performance.
Get their delicious coffee and more at www.caffeineandkilos.com and use the code, “Renegade” and get free shipping on your first order.
This episode is also brought to you by The Renegade Strength Club, one of the best ways to simplify your life is to outsource things.
Do you wanna get strong and shredded in as little as 3 hours per week? Without the usual aches and pains associated with most training programs? Then join our exclusive community in the Renegade Strength Club.
You’ll slash body fat, boost testosterone, increase energy and turn back the clock. Get the workouts, coaching, and accountability you need to build your best body ever at:www.RenegadeStrengthClub.com.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.