Personal development starts up top. Getting your mind right has to be your first step in becoming your strongest self.
But it’s the last thing people wanna focus on.
Everyone wants the plan before becoming someone who will actually take action on it.
I can give any one of you a proven path to build muscle, get ripped, and live the life of your dreams. But most people will never do anything with it because they never got their mind right. Only the few people who transform their mindset will see results.
First, you gotta prioritize your mental and physical health.
- 30 minutes of daily exercise
- 3 healthy meals
- 5 minutes of deep breathing or meditation.
Everything gets better when you do that. You’ll build confidence, have more energy, and start to see the world in a different way.
Next, you gotta create a positive mindset. Kick negative thoughts and people out of your life like Shawn Michaels kicked Marty Jannetty through The Barbershop window. And work to eliminate 80% of the menial, daily tasks you have to do.
Simplifying your life will lift an enormous load off your shoulders. Plus, you’ll have more time to focus on step three: investing time into others.
Your happiness is a by product having deep, meaningful friendships. The more you get out of your own head and focus on people around you, the better your life will be.
Start smiling at everyone and give out compliments. Schedule lunches or dinners at least once a week with friends. Practice being the guy that brings people together and makes everyone’s day better.
All that happiness and connection you’re adding to their lives will come right back to yours.
Nothing above requires incredible luck or great genetics. Just effort, commitment, and daily habits. In today’s episode, I discuss what those habits are and how you can develop a mindset that sets you up for success.
Today’s Topics Include:
- 0:11: The reason for last week’s episode absence
- 5:06: The mindset strategies you can use to turn any negative situation into a positive
- 9:47: How to enter the Renegade Summer Shred Transformation Contest and win a trip to Santa Monica to hang and train with me
- 11:16: A must see documentary, especially for animal lovers
- 12:15: Is there a limit to the number of clients a trainer should take?
- 18:11: How to start working on your business instead of in it
- 22:47: Staying focused & confident every day
- 25:54: How to train for sprinting speed and power
- 28:51: Dealing with and conquering adrenal fatigue
- 32:58: How to properly utilize gymnastics strength training
- 37:09: Beating patellar tendonitis
- 39:56: Training tweaks after a night of low sleep
- 43:04: Training your neck and changing up your exercises for faster results
- 45:49: Modifying your workouts with a low back injury
Listen To Renegade Radio
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
The Champions: An unbelievable documentary on the dogs from the Michael Vick case. It will teach you lessons on patience, kindness, and compassion that go for beyond a love dogs. A must watch, especially for animal lovers.
Superhero Strong & Shredded: The brand new training program kicking off in the Renegade Strength Club. This is the perfect plan to get you ripped this Summer and it’s coming alongside our 90 day Summer Shred Transformation Contest.
Contest entries are due by Friday June 3rd 2016 at 11:59PM PST. Use the coupon code Summer2016 for 30% off entry.
Curcumin: I notice a difference in how this makes my joints feel and take it to help fight off the aches and pains that can come up with hard training.
This Episode Is Brought To You By:
Today’s episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens: The #1 Supplement for optimal nutrient absorption and digestion.
I recommend Athletic Greens to everyone I work with. It is the most comprehensive nutritional supplement out there. This should be a go-to for every hard training Renegade. Pick it up at: www.AthleticGreensDrink.com
Finally, if you have questions you need me to answer, send them over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to those of you who leave reviews on iTunes. I read each and every one of them, and sincerely appreciate your feedback.
P.S. Please share this post with someone you think would enjoy it. I appreciate you.
Thank you for listening.