About Me and How I Can Help You
I’m Jay Ferruggia, and I’ve been helping guys simplify their lives and become the strongest version of themselves since 1994.
You may have seen my work in Men’s Health, Muscle & Fitness, Maximum Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Fast Company, Huffington Post, LiveStrong, Muscle & Fitness Hers, Shape, Entrepreneur, Details or on ESPN or CBS.
What you may not know is that I have struggled with all of the issues I discuss on this site.
Over the course of my life I’ve been physically and mentally weak, skinny, fat, sad, depressed, insecure, painfully shy, socially awkward, crippled with anxiety and indecision, struggled with addiction, and have gone broke on more than one occasion.
Overcoming those obstacles took many years and a lot of hard work.
I read over 500 books.
I attended countless conferences and workshops.
I hired coaches and mentors.
I cut out the negative deadbeats in my life.
I slowly eliminated one bad habit at a time and replaced it with a new one.
What I learned after all that is that Thoreau, Da Vinci and Bruce Lee were right.
Simplicity is the key to health, wealth and happiness.
Learning to apply the 80/20 rule to everything and forgetting the rest.
Because the reality is that most things don’t matter. It’s just noise and meaningless nonsense that distracts us from living the lives we want.
Life is simple really, but we insist on making it complicated.
On this site I share tips on:
- Getting in great shape, in just 3-4 hours a week.
- Simple eating to stay strong and lean.
- Eliminating physical and mental clutter.
- Building meaningful relationships.
- Improving self confidence and communication skills
- Overcoming information overload and decision fatigue.
- How to have more freedom and fulfillment, and less stress and anxiety.
I’ve been able to help over 300,000 regular readers make amazing physical and mental transformations. And I can help you do the same.
The good news is it won’t take you anywhere near as long as it took me. You can learn from my mistakes and experiences.
There’s no reason to settle for mediocrity, to fall in line with the status quo, to conform. There’s no reason why you can’t be fit, free and financially secure.
I was born with zero gifts or talents.
If I can do it anyone can.
Stuff I Love
- Strength training
- Rock Climbing
- Old school hip hop (pre ’96)
- Pearl Jam
- Stand up comedy and improv (I’m a student at the world famous, Second City)
- The Jerky Boys
- NY Giants & Yankees (to quote Jay-Z, “You should know I bleed blue.”)
- The words “fuck,” “sick” and “bro.” As in “Fuck, that’s sick, bro.” What can I say? I’m from Jersey.
Thanks for reading.
PS. I know my last name is hard for a lot of people to spell and pronounce, so for the record it’s fer-oo-jee-a. I’m half Italian, half Scottish, all Jersey (but since relocated to Santa Monica, CA since 2011).
Get my free ebook, The 7 Keys to Mental & Physical Strength HERE.
Subscribe to the podcast HERE.
For workouts, meal plans and coaching check out The Renegade Strength Club.
If you’re interested in some causes I believe in and support click HERE.