If someone tried to harm you and your loved ones today could you stop them? Would you know what actions to take to ensure your safety? Or would you become another victim?
Tony Blauer is my guest on Episode 200 of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast. He is the creator of the Spontaneous Protection Enabling Accelerated Response self-defense system. SPEAR is the world’s only behaviorally based self-protection method based on physiology, kinesiology, physics and psychology. Tony teaches SPEAR to students worldwide, including Law Enforcement Agencies, Military Units and First-Responders.
I sat down with Tony to discuss how he first started in self-defense and how he developed the SPEAR system. Tony explains why he feels self-defense should be taught in one day and why technique means nothing in a violent confrontation. He details why most self-defense systems do not prepare people to defend themselves in violent situations, the role that fear play in self-awareness, tips for facing fear, and so much more.
- How he first started out in self-defense. 4:02
- Why self-defense should be taught like CPR – in 1 day. 5:31
- Why “Cheering isn’t Coaching” and the difference between Technicians, Trainers and Coaches. 21:42
- Why technique is useless in a violent confrontation. 22:51
- Why “FUCK FEAR” isn’t just a “tough guy” mantra. 34:47
- Why fighting is just a small part of what Tony teaches. 38:37
- Why most forms of self-defense don’t prepare you to defend yourself in real violent encounters. 50:30
- Why size matters in the streets. 56:34
- Feigning fear to deal with real violent encounters. 1:00:40
- Why knowing the science of an adrenaline dump can help you avoid a fight. 1:04:58
- Why he teaches people to use physiology and physics, not techniques to remember. 1:07:30
- Should you do something you fear every day? 1:07:54
- Tony’s advice for aspiring entrepreneurs. 1:12:41
- Instincts and Intuition = Intelligence. 1:21:38
- Tony’s tips for becoming a more effective leader. 1:24:46
- Tony’s biggest weaknesses. 1:31:12
- How to improve the training of police officers. 1:38:50
- Should kids be exposed to controlled violence? 1:44:03
Connect with Tony Online:
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right-click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic.
What is Four Sigmatic? It’s mushroom coffee made with the active ingredient Lion’s mane mushroom (also known as “smart mushroom”). Lion’s Mane has long been used by Buddhist monks for better focus during meditation for years.
I know you’re going to say you don’t want to drink coffee that tastes like mushrooms, but it doesn’t.
- For those who are getting stomach pain from coffee drinking – Mushroom Coffee is a gut-friendly coffee option.
- It gets you cranked up for your day, but not like regular coffee.
- Comes in handy packets that you just mix with hot or cold water. Takes just a second to prepare.
- You can use it pre-workout.
Go to http://www.foursigmatic.com/jay and use the code JAY to get 15% discount.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered. It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Go to http://www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
Watch this Episode:
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.