The box squat is a great tool for teaching people how to squat properly. A lot of people can’t squat with passable form their first time out but just about everyone can box squat, as long as you set the box to an appropriate height. That means the point at which they can maintain a […]
Tag Archives | Lot
Today’s post is from a forum discussion in the Renegade Inner Circle. Question: Jay, I’m opening a new gym and I want to run group training out of it and set it up “Renegade style” as I have a lot of old clients and leads who are interested because I use to teach similar type […]
A lot of people, including myself, used to think that higher rep training developed what is known as non functional hypertrophy. This is also referred to as sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. In simple terms the sarcoplasm has been described as a filler type gooey fluid inside the muscles that really doesn’t contract or produce force. Therefore it’s […]
I’m really psyched today to have an awesome interview with my colleague, and performance enhancement expert, Kelly Bagget (that’s him dunking to the left). Whenever I read any of Kelly’s work I always find myself nodding in agreement and am sometimes shocked by how much we agree on almost every subject training related. Today Kelly’s […]
To build muscle fast you need to present the body with a stimulus that it isn’t used to. This stress will cause the body to adapt by building itself up bigger and stronger. Where most people go wrong is that they think they need to annihilate the muscle in order to elicit any type of […]
Here’s an interview I did with my buddy Craig Ballantyne that many of you may have missed the first time around: CB: What do athletes need to work on most? JF: Most athletes are too weak. I don’t care what sport they play or at what level they are playing at, most athletes, in general, […]
– No matter what the gurus tell you, most people who can’t squat properly will benefit from flexibility work. Assuming it is not simply a strength issue, if you stretch the hamstrings, hip flexors and glutes your squat depth and form will usually improve. Over the last 15 years I have had numerous kids who […]
- Top 20 Bodyweight Exercises for Building Muscle & Strength
- 12 Reasons You're Not Losing Fat
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Pull Ups
- Why Haters Make it so Much Easier For You to Succeed
- How Many Days a Week Should You Work Out?
- Are You Sabotaging Your Gains with the Wrong Rep Range?
- Top 10 Weight Training Exercises for Building Muscle
- Nate Miyaki on Intermittent Feasting, Paleo, Pre Workout Nutrition, Meal Timing, and Protein Intake
- Can You Build Muscle with Nothing But Dumbbells, Kettlebells and Bodyweight?
- How to Build Bigger Forearms
- Is Bodyweight Training Effective for Building Muscle?
- Overcome Resistance, Increase Productivity, Live Sustainably, and Pull Wacky Pranks with John Alvino
- How Long Should Your Workout Last?
- 7 Ways to Fix Weak Hamstrings
- How to Get a Body Like Jessica Biel