Does a workout really have to last an hour to deliver great results?
Can you really only train hard three times per week?
Are deload weeks necessary?
Is overtraining overhyped?
I sit down with my good friends, Adam Bornstein, Luka Hocevar and Jay Jablonski to answer these questions and more in today’s podcast.
Adam also shares some great life lessons from his recent health scare and what he’s learned so far as a dad.
Other topics discussed include:
- The common weakness Adam and I share [4:02].
- The importance of structure [10:09].
- The dangers of always trying to do more [13:46].
- Does it matter if people like you? [27:24].
- Why Luka’s always had a chip on his shoulder [29:14].
- Why we always try to prove people wrong [30:46].
- “Boners everywhere” [32:33].
- How new dads can make time to train [34:29].
- The benefits of short workouts [35:20].
- High frequency training [37:44].
- Breaking up workouts and prehab stuff [42:00].
- How much intensity should you bring to your workouts? [42:29].
- A better way to make training a habit [44:40].
- How Crossfitters and high volume bodybuilders can get rapid strength gains [47:40].
- The negatives of always trying to set PR’s [49:02].
- How training can change your mood and focus [51:07].
- The power of the support group [56:49].
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
- You can follow Adam Bornstein, Jay Jablonski and Luka Hocevar on Instagram at @Bornfitness @JayJablonski1 and @LukaHocevar.
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered.
It’s easy, and it taste great.
Click HERE to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by The Renegade Strength Club, one of the best ways to simplify your life is to outsource things. If you’re not a fitness professional that means you should outsource your program design to someone who is. That someone would be your host, Jason (A.K.A. Jay) Ferruggia. Since 1994, he has helped countless guys get ripped, strong, jacked and yoked. His training methods have been battle tested time and time again. And they always deliver killer results.
As a Renegade Strength Club insider you get:
- Brand new workouts from Jay every month
- Coaching videos
- Answers to your questions
- Access to the club community
- The opportunity to participate in local meet ups
- The chance to enter contests like the Transformation Contest, and more where we offer cool prizes like Fat Gripz, t-shirts, etc.
Go to www.renegadestrengthclub.com to join us on the Dark Side and we’ll see you on the inside.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.