Here are a few easy to follow nutrition rules that will help you build a bigger, leaner physique:
• Build your meals around a base of lean protein and shoot for one gram per pound of bodyweight per day. The only time you would need more than this is when you are dieting and your carbs are extremely low.
• Eat vegetables at every meal possible.
• Eat organic whenever possible. There is so much crap in the food we eat today that it is really a smart decision to eat organic as often as you can.
• Avoid sugars, artificial sweeteners and trans fats as much as possible.
• Eat carbs around your workout and at night.
• Drink at least a half gallon of water per day. A gallon is usually better, especially in the summer.
• Watch your sodium intake. And when I say that I mean it in the opposite way that most people and doctors would think I mean it. I mean to be sure your sodium intake is adequate. This is especially true for athletes who play in the summer time. Without adequate sodium levels your performance can suffer. Adequate sodium levels also help to maintain strength while dieting.
For more in depth nutritional info check out The Renegade Diet.