Whether it’s in a boardroom in front of a group of co-workers, having dinner with potential clients, or giving a speech in front of your gym members, we all perform in some way. If you want to learn the skills to deliver a great performance every time don’t miss Episode 203 of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast.
Michael Port is my guest in this episode. He was once a professional actor, guest starring on many hit TV shows. Now Michael is the NY Times best-selling author of “Book Yourself Solid” and “Steal the Show.” He is also the creator of HeroicPublicSpeaking.com and the host of the most popular podcast on public speaking and performance, “Steal the Show”.
Listen as we discuss:
- Michael’s background as an actor and fitness coach. 3:53
- Building relationships is everything, no matter what industry you’re in. 10:35
- Why you should stop focusing on yourself and start focusing on others, especially if you’re struggling. 13:33
- The simple formula that will help build your network. 18:03
- Why your level of success is correlated with the amount of responsibility you can handle. 23:12
- Why it’s important to audit yourself and to understand that you will change over time. 26:13
- Is being shy and being an introvert the same thing? 27:18
- Why you need to become comfortable with things that make you uncomfortable. 28:13
- How using the fundamental principle of improv “Yes. And….” can help you achieve more success in life and business. 30:48
- How to prepare so well that you can use improvisation and spontaneity. 34:29
- The two stages of rehearsal that will help you prepare for anything from acting to giving a presentation. 38:49
- Why getting useful feedback comes down to learning to ask the right questions. 39:05
- Why you have to know your target audience before giving any speech or presentation. 40:27
- The three-act structure of great stories and how to effectively use each. 49:39
- How to deliver better online content. 52:55
- Tips for new business owners and entrepreneurs. 55:35
Connect with Michael Online:
Michael’s books, “Steal the Show” and “Book Yourself Solid”
Academic research by Robin Dunbar on social groups
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right-click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic.
What is Four Sigmatic? It’s mushroom coffee made with the active ingredient Lion’s mane mushroom (also known as “smart mushroom”). Lion’s Mane has long been used by Buddhist monks for better focus during meditation for years.
I know you’re going to say you don’t want to drink coffee that tastes like mushrooms, but it doesn’t.
- For those who are getting stomach pain from coffee drinking – Mushroom Coffee is a gut-friendly coffee option.
- It gets you cranked up for your day, but not like regular coffee.
- Comes in handy packets that you just mix with hot or cold water. Takes just a second to prepare.
- You can use it pre-workout.
Go to http://www.foursigmatic.com/jay and use the code JAY to get 15% discount.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered. It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Go to http://www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.