Seinfeld fans will undoubtedly never forget the episode in which Frank Costanza and Kramer invented the mansierre, which was a bra for men with excessive breast development.
While we all laughed hysterically some people were just the slightest bit uncomfortable because the reality is that an inordinate number of men have “moobs,” or man boobs.
This is often due to excessively high body fat levels. But it can also be due to high levels of estrogen.
Having high estrogen can not only cause you to gain body fat in the chest and lower abdominal area but it can lead to numerous health issues and diseases.
Unfortunately more and more males are suffering from increasingly high estrogen levels and this is leading to the continued feminization of the male species as we know it. Today, the average male has a testosterone level that is 15-50% (depending on the study you read) lower than it was 50 years ago. This is an epidemic, my friends.
It has to stop now before it’s too late.
So I’ve compiled a list of 12 ways that will help answer the question How to Lower Estrogen Levels in Men. Check it out below…
By following this advice you will hopefully eliminate your need for ever having to call up Kramer and Frank for one of their prized inventions.
1) Don’t eat fake foods. This means most foods that come out of a box, bag or can should be off your list. Basically, if a cavemen couldn’t eat it, you shouldn’t eat. All the chemicals and artificial junk that they put in most foods these days can lead to increased estrogen levels and numerous other health problems.
2) Avoid eating and drinking out of plastic as much as possible. This has been linked with increased estrogen levels.
3) Eat only organic, pesticide and chemical free produce, preferably purchased from a local farmers market. Pesticides and herbicides have been shown to increase estrogen levels.
4) Avoid all meat and dairy unless you are 100% sure that it is drug free and organic. All of the drugs and hormones that go into most animal and dairy products will wreak havoc on your body, dramatically boost estrogen levels and lead to heart disease and cancer. Also be sure to eat only beef that is from grass fed and not grain fed cows. I personally order from US Wellness Meats and highly recommend their services and products.
5) Avoid all commercially made protein powders for the same reasons listed above. If your whey protein comes from a cow that has been fed grains and pumped full of drugs there’s a good chance your estrogen levels will go up from consuming it. That’s why I only recommend the following protein powder:
One World Whey- The best tasting and easiest digesting protein I’ve ever used. As an added benefit, it’s made from raw milk, which makes it significantly better for you.
6) Eat only wild caught fish. Unfortunately we have destroyed and polluted many of the lakes, oceans, streams and rivers on the planet and because of that a lot of the fish we consume these days is loaded with PCB’s and dioxins that you should really avoid as much as possible. Be sure to avoid all farm raised fish.
If you take an essential fatty acid supplement (as you should) make sure that it’s from clean sources and uncontaminated, like this one.
You should also support clean water laws and organizations like Waterkeeper.
7) Only drink purified water. Our water quality continues to worsen all the time and is filled with numerous toxins and estrogenic compounds. Surprisingly, NYC has great water quality. Other places are not so fortunate.
8] Consume citrus fruits regularly. These have been proven effective in the fight against estrogen.
9) Eat lots of cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower. These have also been shown to have anti estrogenic properties.
An outstanding product, that I and all of my clients take daily is Athletic Greens. It has ample amounts of cruciferous veggies and citrus fruits in it along with several other organic compounds. It’s at the top of my recommended supplement list.
10) If you must drink alcohol try to avoid beer as much as you can because it is highly estrogenic; thus the acclimation of a beer belly. Red wine is a far better choice and may actually be anti estrogenic. Personally, I prefer and recommend vodka.
11) Eat a good amount of organic nuts and seeds. A high intake of organic nuts has been linked to increased virility in men.
12) Lose excess bodyfat. Nothing will help prevent the conversion to estrogen any more effectively than losing bodyfat.
It’s absolutely essential for males to get their bodyfat levels under 15% and keep them there if they want to be healthy and win the war against estrogen. That means cut your carbs and your junk food and get out there and start sprinting two or three times per week.
Now you know how to lower estrogen levels in men. If you have any comments or questions please leave them below.