For most of your life you’ve been told that you can have it all.
You can do everything and be everything.
But that’s bullshit. And trying to do and have it all will get you nowhere. It might even ruin your life.
To have more happiness and success you need to do less. You need to say “no” more often. You need to be okay with “missing out.”
It’s all about identifying the vital few and separating them from the trivial many.
That’s the way of the “essentialist.”
If you’ve followed me for any length of time you have heard me recommend the book, Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less. Today, I finally have the author, Greg McKeown on the podcast.
Topics discussed include:
- How the concept of Essentialism evolved for Greg [4:30].
- Why it’s not just about less, but better [7:59].
- Vital questions you need to ask yourself [11:03].
- The myth of “priorities” [12:30].
- Why it’s so hard to get rid of physical possessions [16:16].
- Why we feel the need to be busy all the time [19:10].
- How to say no gracefully [22:59].
- Progress and it’s importance in maintaining motivation [32:29].
- The key ingredient in health, wealth and fulfilled life [36:29].
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for the Renegade Radio RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered.
It’s easy, and it taste great.
Click HERE to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by BiOptimizers. Crank your muscle gains to new heights by flooding your muscles with maximum amino acids without increasing your protein intake by a single gram.
That’s what the powerful 1-2 punch of Masszymes digestive enzymes, and P3OM probiotics can help you do. In addition they boost your immune system and help you avoid illness.
Go to http://www.masszymes.com/jay to get 10% off your order by using the coupon code “Jay10” at checkout.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.