Training is not just about building bigger muscles. It’s about building a new you, inside and out. Ask anyone who’s experienced a real transformation. They’ll tell you the physical changes are only part of the equation. It’s the newfound confidence and emotional strength that truly changes a person and sets them on course towards a new life.
Chris Dufey is a personal trainer, author, speaker and podcast host. As an overweight kid, Chris struggled with depression, shyness, and inability to make friends. After high school he found fitness and it changed his life. His incredible transformation inspired him to help other people change their lives through fitness.
Chris is my guest on episode 195 of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast.
- How Chris found fitness and discovered he wanted to make a career out of helping other people. 2:49
- His early training methods and mistakes he made along the way. 4:52
- Why even coaches need coaching in order to become their best. 7:59
- The training principles that Chris believes in today and his instinctive approach to training. 8:56
- Chris’ advice for beginner to intermediate lifters and why training principles should vary based on a person’s training experience. 10:55
- The most important question – are you progressing? 13:44
- How to simplify nutrition to make it fit your lifestyle and the “anti-douchebag” approach to intermittent fasting. 14:44
- Chris’ favorite recovery methods and ways to reduce stress. 20:53
- Why the story you tell yourself is so important. 22:56
- His morning routine for happiness, health, and productivity and why people should identify their “one thing”. 26:06
- “Brain Training” – a new way to think of meditation. 27:46
- The evolution of Chris’ fitness business and useful advice for new fitness professionals. 28:21
- How Chris developed the coaching and business skills that led to the creation of My Body Blends and The Coaches Cartel. 33:30
- The “Red Velvet Rope” of Chris’ business and why he asks himself “would I have this person over for dinner with my family” before deciding to work with clients. 35:09
- Tips for building brick and mortar and online businesses and why Chris says you don’t necessarily need an avatar when you’re first starting out. 36:47
- Why Social Media is a double-edged sword. 40:06
- Success tips that you won’t hear everywhere else. 40:35
- Facebook for building your business – what you need to know to stay ahead of the game. 42:10
Connect with Chris online
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right-click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Caffeine and Kilos. We all know that coffee is probably the greatest thing ever. There are countless studies proving the benefits of coffee. Dr. Sanjiv Chopra said that drinking coffee is one of the five essential habits for long-term good health.
Caffeine and Kilos is a brand that embodies an active lifestyle. They have great looking apparel you can wear in the gym or out of the gym.
It’s smooth, fresh coffee blended and roasted for high caffeine content, so you can get all kinds of cranked up. They also have all natural, whole food caffeinated bars with macros designed for performance.
Get their delicious coffee and more at www.caffeineandkilos.com and use the code, “Renegade” and get free shipping on your first order.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered. It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Go to http://www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by ButcherBox
You guys know by now the importance of high-quality grass-fed grass finished meat.
Go to www.butcherbox .com/Jay to get your free ribeye steaks. That’s two 10 oz ribeye steaks for free, plus, $10 off your first order and free shipping.
You can get everything from sausages, burgers, steaks, chicken, lamb, you name it.
- 100% Grass-fed beef
- Free range organic chicken
- Heritage breed pork
Delivered for free to your door for less than $6 a meal. You cannot beat that with a bat. Go to www.butcherbox.com/Jay to get yours today.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.