The simple answer is yes, of course you can. Resistance is resistance. I don’t think you will get huge without a barbell, though. No, check that. I know you won’t. Squats, deadlifts and presses are hard to beat when it comes to packing on size. If you just did those and the rest of your […]
How to build muscle.
Guest Post by Geoff Neupert, CSCS, Master SFG I have never bought into the popular fitness myth that you shouldn’t train to get stronger in order to lose fat. If strength is the foundation for every physical quality, and it is (according to Russian sports scientist Dr. L. Matveev, the “father of periodization”), then why […]
@JasonFerruggia What makes for a “good” warmup prior to lifting? — Will Thorburn (@wthorburn) January 8, 2014 Will, I like getting your core temperature elevated first. You can do this with 3-5 minutes of jumping rope. If you have any specific areas that are really locked up you’d probably want to spend a few minutes […]
@JasonFerruggia is it possible to cut bodyfat and still increase strength for intermediates and what are realistic expectations thanks. — Ross Armstrong (@rossypotamus) January 6, 2014 Ross, Absolutely. There are two ways to gain strength. One is to increase the size of the muscle. The other is to increase the neural drive to the […]
For optimal results a female shouldn’t train exactly the same way males do. Below is a list of 4 things females should do to ensure better results from their training. 1) Always Do Full Body Workouts Males can get great results with full body workouts from the first day they start training and can continue […]
The biggest, strongest dudes in the world all do four things. 1) They Use a Limited Number of Exercises Per Workout In most cases that ends up being no more than about six, total, sometimes as high as eight. But certainly no more than that. So don’t make the mistake of thinking that you need […]
A lot of young guys have low testosterone levels these days. It’s something you should be worried about. Especially if you like having some muscle on you, being lean and getting laid. If the Macho Man, Randy Savage were still alive, he’d be hella pissed off at the whole scene and would have a double […]
- Top 20 Bodyweight Exercises for Building Muscle & Strength
- 12 Reasons You're Not Losing Fat
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Pull Ups
- Overcome Resistance, Increase Productivity, Live Sustainably, and Pull Wacky Pranks with John Alvino
- 7 Muscle Building Tips From the Iron Guru
- Can You Build Muscle with Nothing But Dumbbells, Kettlebells and Bodyweight?
- Are You Sabotaging Your Gains with the Wrong Rep Range?
- How Many Days a Week Should You Work Out?
- Top 10 Weight Training Exercises for Building Muscle
- The Shocking Truth About Chin Ups
- How to Build Bigger Forearms
- Is Bodyweight Training Effective for Building Muscle?
- 7 Ways to Fix Weak Hamstrings
- Top 10 Mass Building Tips
- How Long Should Your Workout Last?