The simple answer is yes, of course you can. Resistance is resistance. I don’t think you will get huge without a barbell, though. No, check that. I know you won’t. Squats, deadlifts and presses are hard to beat when it comes to packing on size. If you just did those and the rest of your […]
Guest Post By Nick Nilsson Bodyweight training is awesome…however, due to the nature of bodyweight training (limited resistance), it can be tough to build substantial muscle mass with it. That’s where I come in… My name is Nick Nilsson (a.k.a. The “Mad Scientist of Muscle”) and these 3 “mad scientist” methods will help you build […]
Guest Post By Rob King Back in Feb 2012 I ventured from my home town of Newfoundland, a cold rock in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, to venture to another cold place and home of Renegade Gym, New Jersey. I wasn’t going “down south” as we call it here when we want to escape […]
Everybody knows that squats, deads and presses get you huge and that bodyweight training is just for conditioning, right? Wrong. One look at rings gymnasts or a quick YouTube search of dudes dominating chin up bars in every park in New York City will show you that bodyweight training can get you jacked. That’s because […]
Question: Jay, I’m doing one of your programs and I wanted to ask about replacing some of the exercises. I don’t have rings or a Jungle Gym XT so I was thinking about replacing the ring flyes with cable flyes, the ring dips with bench dips, the inverted face pull with a cable face pull, […]
In Part 1 we discussed neck, traps, shoulders, chest and triceps. Today we keep it rolling, starting with every a Jersey Shore favorite- the biceps. Curls As with most of these exercises, beginners should use a full range of motion. Let me rephrase that…. Beginners should never do curls. After a few years of training […]
Bodyweight training is incredibly effective for building muscle. Some would even argue that it’s better than free weights. Bodyweight exercises don’t beat up your joints as much as traditional weight training exercises do. They allow for a more natural range of motion and improve your overall athleticism quite effectively. Advanced bodyweight exercises require unmatched levels […]
- How Long Should Your Workout Last?
- Top 20 Bodyweight Exercises for Building Muscle & Strength
- 12 Reasons You're Not Losing Fat
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Pull Ups
- Can You Build Muscle with Nothing But Dumbbells, Kettlebells and Bodyweight?
- Overcome Resistance, Increase Productivity, Live Sustainably, and Pull Wacky Pranks with John Alvino
- Are You Sabotaging Your Gains with the Wrong Rep Range?
- The Shocking Truth About Chin Ups
- How Many Days a Week Should You Work Out?
- Is Bodyweight Training Effective for Building Muscle?
- Top 10 Weight Training Exercises for Building Muscle
- 7 Ways to Fix Weak Hamstrings
- Top 10 Mass Building Tips
- Interview with Allison Hagendorf of Fuse, VH1, The Cooking Channel, & Playboy Radio
- Hill Sprints For Fat Loss