The simple answer is yes, of course you can. Resistance is resistance. I don’t think you will get huge without a barbell, though. No, check that. I know you won’t. Squats, deadlifts and presses are hard to beat when it comes to packing on size. If you just did those and the rest of your […]
Guest Post By Nick Nilsson Bodyweight training is awesome…however, due to the nature of bodyweight training (limited resistance), it can be tough to build substantial muscle mass with it. That’s where I come in… My name is Nick Nilsson (a.k.a. The “Mad Scientist of Muscle”) and these 3 “mad scientist” methods will help you build […]
Guest Post By Rob King Back in Feb 2012 I ventured from my home town of Newfoundland, a cold rock in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, to venture to another cold place and home of Renegade Gym, New Jersey. I wasn’t going “down south” as we call it here when we want to escape […]
Everybody knows that squats, deads and presses get you huge and that bodyweight training is just for conditioning, right? Wrong. One look at rings gymnasts or a quick YouTube search of dudes dominating chin up bars in every park in New York City will show you that bodyweight training can get you jacked. That’s because […]
My recovery is usually pretty on point and I don’t too many inflammatory foods so I don’t get sore that often. I mean, I get sore, or course, but it’s usually just light soreness from time to time and never anything too deep or crippling. Today, though, I’m definitely feeling it more than usual and […]
“Ya best protect ya neck.” -Wu Tang Clan In the past I’ve always recommended neck training but said that it was optional. That was a mistake. It’s not optional. It’s mandatory. You look infinitely cooler and more badass with a bigger neck and it’s a life insurance policy. No one can argue either of those two […]
Bodyweight exercises need to be part of your program if you want to get jacked. But not just pushups, sit ups and high rep calisthenics. That’s beginner stuff that won’t build any real muscle. We’re talking about really working hard on high tension, advanced bodyweight exercises that can only be done for somewhere between five […]
- Top 20 Bodyweight Exercises for Building Muscle & Strength
- 12 Reasons You're Not Losing Fat
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Pull Ups
- Interview with Allison Hagendorf of Fuse, VH1, The Cooking Channel, & Playboy Radio
- How Many Days a Week Should You Work Out?
- Can You Build Muscle with Nothing But Dumbbells, Kettlebells and Bodyweight?
- Overcome Resistance, Increase Productivity, Live Sustainably, and Pull Wacky Pranks with John Alvino
- Are You Sabotaging Your Gains with the Wrong Rep Range?
- Top 10 Weight Training Exercises for Building Muscle
- 7 Ways to Fix Weak Hamstrings
- How to Build Bigger Forearms
- Is Bodyweight Training Effective for Building Muscle?
- The Shocking Truth About Chin Ups
- Top 10 Mass Building Tips
- Hill Sprints For Fat Loss