The simple answer is yes, of course you can. Resistance is resistance. I don’t think you will get huge without a barbell, though. No, check that. I know you won’t. Squats, deadlifts and presses are hard to beat when it comes to packing on size. If you just did those and the rest of your […]
Guest Post By Nick Nilsson Bodyweight training is awesome…however, due to the nature of bodyweight training (limited resistance), it can be tough to build substantial muscle mass with it. That’s where I come in… My name is Nick Nilsson (a.k.a. The “Mad Scientist of Muscle”) and these 3 “mad scientist” methods will help you build […]
Guest Post By Rob King Back in Feb 2012 I ventured from my home town of Newfoundland, a cold rock in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, to venture to another cold place and home of Renegade Gym, New Jersey. I wasn’t going “down south” as we call it here when we want to escape […]
My recovery is usually pretty on point and I don’t too many inflammatory foods so I don’t get sore that often. I mean, I get sore, or course, but it’s usually just light soreness from time to time and never anything too deep or crippling. Today, though, I’m definitely feeling it more than usual and […]
I hate doing cardio. There are very few things I find less appealing than the thought of getting on a stair master and huffing away for thirty minutes straight. I’d imagine five rounds with Mike Tyson in his prime to be less painful. Going for a long walk or bike ride a few times per […]
Longtime readers know how much I have always loved and promoted bodyweight exercises. Renegade Inner Circle members know how much I love gymnastic holds such as the front lever. I believe this should be part of everyone’s training arsenal and is an incredible lat exercise that is nearly unmatched. The first, most basic progression of […]
The straight bar chin up with your palms facing you places too much stress on the wrists, elbows and shoulders and should be eliminated from your program. Even if you haven’t experienced it yet chances are good that a steady diet of supinated (palms facing you) straight bar chin ups may come back to bite […]
- Top 20 Bodyweight Exercises for Building Muscle & Strength
- 12 Reasons You're Not Losing Fat
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Pull Ups
- Nate Miyaki on Intermittent Feasting, Paleo, Pre Workout Nutrition, Meal Timing, and Protein Intake
- How Many Days a Week Should You Work Out?
- How to Gain Weight
- Are You Sabotaging Your Gains with the Wrong Rep Range?
- Can You Build Muscle with Nothing But Dumbbells, Kettlebells and Bodyweight?
- Top 10 Weight Training Exercises for Building Muscle
- Is Bodyweight Training Effective for Building Muscle?
- Why Haters Make it so Much Easier For You to Succeed
- How to Build Bigger Forearms
- How Long Should Your Workout Last?
- Overcome Resistance, Increase Productivity, Live Sustainably, and Pull Wacky Pranks with John Alvino
- How to Get a Body Like Jessica Biel