1) Like Jack LaLanne said, “If man made it don’t eat it.” In other words, if it comes in a box or a bag your best bet is to skip it.
Eddie Vedder also recommended that during YellowLedbetter, “Don’t eat it if comes in a box ooorrr aaaa bag… oh, no, no.” Go take a listen.
2) Buy locally at farmers markets as much as possible. Stick it to the man.
3) Focus on pesticide free produce and hormone/antibiotic-free animal protein.
4) Make sure your fish is wild caught and not farm raised.
5) Avoid drinking or eating out of plastic. Unless it’s one of those Giants helmets that you put beers into with the straw permanently connected to your mouth. Anything NY Giants related is acceptable as far as I’m concerned.
6) Up your fiber intake from veggies and berries. A healthy pooping schedule will keep you around a little longer.
7) Shop for food at least twice per week. Keep it fresh like a pair of Jordan 1’s.
8) Chew your food until it’s pureed before swallowing. Then open your mouth and show it to everyone at the table like you did when you were six. Chicks dig that.
9) Eat organic.
10) Eat raw foods as much as possible. But not turkey and lamb chops. You know what I mean.
11) Eat more green vegetables. Then a few more.
12) Cut down on grains and strongly consider eliminating most of them completely.
13) The best carbs for gaining size are potatoes (sweet, white, red, Yukon gold, purple) and white rice.
14) Drink half your bodyweight in ounces of water per day.
16) Eat probiotic containing foods such as kimchi and live sauerkraut on a daily basis.
17) Limit fruit consumption if your primary goal is fat loss.
18) Take 5-6 grams of Vitamin C per day during the winter and times of stress. This keeps you healthy and is great for high cortisol/ adrenal fatigue.
19) Cut out sugar. There is nothing good about it.
20) If possible, don’t eat while you’re working. Learn to enjoy your food and focus on one thing at a time.
21) Drink fresh pressed cranberry juice. The real stuff; not Ocean Spray.
22) Don’t overcook your food and destroy vital nutrients.
23) Avoid gluten.
24) Milk does NOT do a body good.
25) As Paleo expert Robb Wolf says, eat nuts like you do condiments- in limited quantities. And when you eat them make sure you say “Deez nutz,” like the guy on The Chronic did.
26) If you have any digestive or autoimmune issues get rid of nuts until you’re healthy.
27) Beer has hops, which can elevate estrogen and also contains gluten, which causes inflammation and some more serious issues for certain people. I recommend Chopin vodka and soda with a lime.
28) Always maintain an adequate intake of Omega 3 fatty acids.
29) Don’t fear saturated fat. High quality sources like coconut oil and grass fed beef are essential for good health.
30) If you’re gonna make weed brownies don’t make them taste too good. You know why.
31) If you have symptoms of adrenal fatigue cut out all stimulants. And take a nap.
32) If you don’t, a cup or two of black coffee per day isn’t a horrible thing and can actually enhance fat burning if timed properly.
33) Coconut oil in your coffee can enhance it’s effects.
34) If you train early in the morning before eating take 10 grams of BCAA 15-30 minutes before.
35) Drink freshly squeezed vegetable juices daily. This is a great source of vital nutrition and live enzymes.
36) Use apple cider vinegar with meals to improve digestion. It’s also fun to replace your buddy’s bottle of apple juice with this sometimes when he’s not looking.
37) To improve recovery from workouts eliminate inflammation-causing foods.
38) For muscle gain set calories at 16xBW per day as a starting point. This may have to go up to 20xBW but it’s better to start on the low end then step it up slowly from there.
39) For fat loss set calories at 12xBW per day as a starting point.
40) Rotate your food choices. Don’t eat the exact same thing day after day.
41) Try new foods as often as possible. Instead of chicken try quail. Instead of an apple eat some exotic type of pear you’ve never had before. Or a cumquat. I just mentioned that because I love that word and could say it all day. In fact, I think I will. Cumquat. Say it with me…
42) Red palm and coconut oil are the only oils I recommend cooking with.
43) Spend less time per day in the fed state. This will improve your overall health and you will feel a hell of a lot better.
44) If you don’t get 20 minutes of sunshine per day on as much exposed, sunscreen-free skin as possible be sure you supplement with Vitamin D. Or move.
45) Learn to deal with hunger. It will not cause your immediate death. Learn to control all of your desires and you will gain more control over you life. Malcolm X was very big on this.
46) If you travel a lot and need some bars for convenience check out YouBar. This is an awesome resource to get fresh made bars with clean, organic ingredients. Use the coupon code Renegade for a 5% discount at checkout. Warning- since these are made fresh they only last a few weeks, so don’t order too many boxes at once.
47) Cook your own food at home more; go out to eat less.
48) Avoid all artificial sweeteners and dyes. Unless you are dying stripes into your goatee like Superstar Billy Graham.
49) Change the way you cook your eggs regularly. Some days hard boiled, some days over easy, some days scrambled, etc. This helps avoid any possible food allergies.
50) I know I said not to work while eating but once in a while you could try a George Costanza and combine life’s two greatest desires. Think organic raw whipped cream or coconut cream and melted organic dark chocolate. Keep it healthy. Let me know how it works out. Or, ladies only… send pics.
PS. Want more info? Then grab your copy of The Renegade Diet today by clicking HERE now.